Los Angeles HD Channel signal loss

Onlysee

Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
I live in Blythe, CA (Zip 92225), and have had problems recently with my HD locals (Los Angeles) dropping on me in the evenings. Years ago we had this problem with SD channels, but now we're having the problem with HD channels. Programs set to record on our DVR are being skipped due to signal loss. I have also noticed that some programs on channels such as TBS are being skipped for the same reason (but these programs are set to record in the middle of the night around 3 a.m., and others around 9 a.m.). Any ideas as to why? I've checked signal strength, and it's not the greatest (I set it to the channel I want to check, then do the menu 6 1 1). The lowest I have observed it go is 27, which is really low. Any help on this would be appreciated, as several other people in my area are having this problem as well.

Who are the several other people? They all have misaligned dishes or obstructions?

Who are the several other people? They all have misaligned dishes or obstructions?

The poster did state his signal level is 27 and he also stated that his signal strength is not the greatest. The signal level he has now could be contributing to some of the poster's issues he really need to have Dish Network send someone out to realign his dish to peak it for performance.

That's my exact point, how can several people have the same issue unless they are all out of alignment or have obstructions.

Tampa 8

My point is if his signal levels are that low his dish needs to be realigned. If their was an outage for his specific area than DIRT would have said something or at least acknowledged an issue.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

He also stated that he is also having the same problem with TBS. Maybe Tampa 8 was right about the locals being a dish problem but if he is having the same issue with TBS I would think that would be caused by the low satellite signal he was getting.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I hadn't even thought to do that. When I did, it has a large red message at the top that says "Check Details for LNB!" It then says LNB Drift Detected... 0x12, 0xa2, 129 (e -14). Not sure what all that means. I'm guessing a call to Dish again? My install has been in use here for over 5 years without issues on my HD channels. There's no obstructions in the way of the dish, and nothing has been changed on our installation in the 5 years. I currently have the 722 HD receiver, and it's the only receiver on our service. We had problems years ago with the LA locals in SD dropping during prime time (we were told by Dish we needed a larger Dish to resolve the issue, but everyone out here was having the same problem as we are on the outer edge of the spotbeam for LA locals). We've never had issues with our HD channels before, and with TBS also dropping, I'm hopeful it really is just a hardware issue that can be resolved. Thank you to those that replied, as you all gave me a starting point to begin solving the issue!

Last edited:
Bingo!! You need a new lnb assembly. To avoid the $95 visit charge, when you call or chat with Dish, start the protection plan. Keep it for 4months, I think that the time, and then cancel.
I had the lnb drift. Once the lnb assembly was changed, no more problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts