Los Angeles subscribers/installers, I could use some help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digital Logic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Norwalk, CA
I had my Slimline installed by a DTV tech, mainly because it was a free upgrade when i got my H21-100. When it came time for my brother to upgrade to the Slimline, he'd asked for my help, seeing as how he didn't want to wait for the tech to come and do it, let alone mount it where he didn't want it.

With my install, I'm getting these signal qualities:
93% at 101 TP1
94% at 110 TP8
74% at 119 TP22
25% at 99a TP1
0% at 99b TP1
0% at 103a TP1
74% at 103b TP1

When it came to install my brother's Slimline, we assembled it to the configuration on dish pointer for his location. wouldn't you know it, when we aligned 101, the rest fell into place, including 99 & 103 without any fine tuning needed! I got qualities of at least 70%. I felt so relieved that i didn't really have to fine tune it. it just looks so confusing.

Now I know spot beams & programming is not available on all TPs for me so I need to know: shouldn't my 99a satellite come in a lot stronger? did my installer tweak my dish enough? do i just need to jump up on the roof and adjust the fine tuning screws? I really don't wanna have to start from scratch and rebuild the thing.

I got it handled. turns out the installer didn't have the skew set right. it was near 120 when it shouldve been near 113. a tweak of the fine tuning screws and i was back in business!

I had my Slimline installed by a DTV tech, mainly because it was a free upgrade when i got my H21-100. When it came time for my brother to upgrade to the Slimline, he'd asked for my help, seeing as how he didn't want to wait for the tech to come and do it, let alone mount it where he didn't want it.

With my install, I'm getting these signal qualities:
93% at 101 TP1
94% at 110 TP8
74% at 119 TP22
25% at 99a TP1
0% at 99b TP1
0% at 103a TP1
74% at 103b TP1

When it came to install my brother's Slimline, we assembled it to the configuration on dish pointer for his location. wouldn't you know it, when we aligned 101, the rest fell into place, including 99 & 103 without any fine tuning needed! I got qualities of at least 70%. I felt so relieved that i didn't really have to fine tune it. it just looks so confusing.

Now I know spot beams & programming is not available on all TPs for me so I need to know: shouldn't my 99a satellite come in a lot stronger? did my installer tweak my dish enough? do i just need to jump up on the roof and adjust the fine tuning screws? I really don't wanna have to start from scratch and rebuild the thing.

Here in the OC (southern part), I get 99a at about 35%, all the others are the same as yours and I get all my locals and all channels in my Choice Extra package

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts