Losing Channels...HELP!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vismich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
I Resusbcribed to DirecTV a few weeks ago. They set me up wuth a 5 LNB dish.(i think thats what it's called). I have HDTV and a regular Tv with a regular (Non HD) DVR. I also use my old Hughs TIVO box in another room. Three boxes total.

Anyway, last night I bagan losing channels. I get my locals, but am losing a lot of DirecTV programming. I reset my DVR box, and it won't download sattelite information, It DOES aquyire the signial...But stays at 0% when it tries to "Download information".

I assumed it may be because that when they installed the dish tehre were no leaves on the trees. Now there are, and perhaps there is an obstruction.

HOWEVER, I get all of my channels on my HDTV box that I am not getting on my other boxes. Does that point to a connection problem?

Call them and get them back out there. If it was just installed it is still under warranty.

They are coming Friday....But does it sound like a signal problem or a problem with the line?

If some TV's are working perfectly and others are not, then it is not a signal issue. Likely the RG6 cable and or their connectors. Move the known "working box" to a known "bad" outlet and vice versa; does that receiver now work correctly? and does the once good box now not work correctly?

Do you have any switches other than the one in the dish; if yes, what make & model? or anything else in the lines?

Hmmm...thats a little technical for me to answer...I dont know about swutches. I'm afraid to unhook my box, because I may not be able to get it work again.

Then that being the case, YES, you are best to not worry with it or try any posted suggestions and just allow them to come out and assist you. We wouldn't want you to make anything worse.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)