Losing Channels - Shaw Direct

sonicmoj

Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Hello,

Recently over the last week a few HD channels (259, 260, 264) and several SD channels have stopped working . It says "please wait...acquiring signal" and the signal strength on all three HD channels are 39. I have the DSR505HD receiver using a Dual Satellite Integrated Quad LNBF (LM-2738-75SC) with a 75 cm dish. My dish is installed off of a porch railing on a second story apartment. Is it possible that due to weather issues that the dish may need to be realigned or possibly an equipment failure of some sort? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sonicmoj we dont subscribe to those channels but I just checked and we're getting 95-97 on them in California. (Well on 259 and 260 I couldn't tune to 264.) Where do you live? Like the other people said it might be alinement but also are you sure there are no trees? we had to cut some branches from a tree a few weeks ago b'cuz we started to lose some HD channels.

Sonicmoj we dont subscribe to those channels but I just checked and we're getting 95-97 on them in California. (Well on 259 and 260 I couldn't tune to 264.) Where do you live? Like the other people said it might be alinement but also are you sure there are no trees? we had to cut some branches from a tree a few weeks ago b'cuz we started to lose some HD channels.

Bayguy - 95-97 is great! I'm typically around 70 which is fine however any winds or rain that come by create a choppy picture. I live in Indianapolis. There are some trees but they are at least 100 feet away so I don't know that if that's affecting it. I'm going to first try realigning the dish and see what happens. Thanks.

So I had a local installer come and give me a hand in realigning the dish. Signal strength on average was about 70 and we improved it to about 86 or so. Channels 259, 264, 281 for example are still displaying 39 as a signal strength. I bought another quad lnbf and swapped it out with my original and it did not change a thing. We observed that channels 259, 264, 281 all use vertical polarization. All the horizontal polarization channels (254, 267, 269, 280, etc) work just fine. The installer believes it is the receiver so I will go and purchase a DSR600 from my current 505. Is it likely that the receiver is the problem since all vertical polarization channels are showing 39 while horizontal are 86+?

Thanks for your help.

I just purchased a DSR600 receiver and have the same problem. Channels 264, 251, 259 for example all show a signal strength of 0. I think I will replace the my 60 cm dish with a 75cm and get the new xku lnb and give it a try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)