Losing HD Absolute. Any suggestions?

Still showing Absolute per the Dish website this morning with the added charge for locals. I haven't noticed and changes in the lineup. Let's see what the day brings.

Still have all my Absolute HD channels as of 9:30am EST, plus FX HD (assume that's now on free preview). And yeah, my account now shows an extra $6 for locals.

No changes here either.
So far dish has not done what was stated in the letter they sent out.

My charges show the following:

DISHHD ABSOLUTE $29.99
DVR Service $6.00
HD Solo Receiver $7.00

Total
$42.99 (excludes taxes / credits)

Of the channels I didn't have with HD Absolute, a lot of the content is SD. Some of it is zoomed or stretched to fill the 16:9 screen or in the case of VH1 it's lettter-boxed and pillar-boxed. Ugh. Letter-boxing and pillar-boxing is a real head scratcher. And it results in an immediate channel change. I don't know why programmers do that stupid nonsense.

No changes to my account yet (I didn't have locals), but I'm also getting FX in SD and HD, as well as Baby First (9400). I guess we'll see the hammer drop at midnight if they do it.

No changes to my account yet (I didn't have locals), but I'm also getting FX in SD and HD, as well as Baby First (9400). I guess we'll see the hammer drop at midnight if they do it.
I still have absolute with the additional $6 for locals. This is strange why add the charge if they are going to switch me out today?

I still have absolute with the additional $6 for locals. This is strange why add the charge if they are going to switch me out today?
Maybe part of the systematic conversion process? Decouple locals first, then remove Absolute? Then covert to AT200, and then remove Locals? Just theorizing...

Maybe part of the systematic conversion process? Decouple locals first, then remove Absolute? Then covert to AT200, and then remove Locals? Just theorizing...

I wouldn't claim victory until the next billing cycle and at that time i would want to thank those who paniced and abandoned absolute so the programmers wouldn't notice us remaining few.:D

Of the channels I didn't have with HD Absolute, a lot of the content is SD. Some of it is zoomed or stretched to fill the 16:9 screen or in the case of VH1 it's lettter-boxed and pillar-boxed. Ugh. Letter-boxing and pillar-boxing is a real head scratcher. And it results in an immediate channel change. I don't know why programmers do that stupid nonsense.

I can't stand that! Let's letter box it even though it's shot in SD! People will think we shot it in HD then! YES! Then it gets sent out in SD over HD. Now you've got pillarbox'd and letterbox'd. Looks awesome doesn't it! Then you have to hit zoom to fill the screen, and it looks like a big smeared wax painting. UGH!!

I can't stand that! Let's letter box it even though it's shot in SD! People will think we shot it in HD then! YES! Then it gets sent out in SD over HD. Now you've got pillarbox'd and letterbox'd. Looks awesome doesn't it! Then you have to hit zoom to fill the screen, and it looks like a big smeared wax painting. UGH!!

aaaahhhhh, it's art!! ;)

Still Abs HD w/ locals for 6. Still have HBO and not Starz. So little change so far. Maybe it's good sign or maybe it is taking time for conversion. No word to you Scott from E*?

So I switched to Dish America for $35/mo with a $5 credit for the first 6 months and the starz for a year, but I see people with the top 120 with hd for life coming out cheaper than that... should I try to switch to that instead? Thanks

So I switched to Dish America for $35/mo with a $5 credit for the first 6 months and the starz for a year, but I see people with the top 120 with hd for life coming out cheaper than that... should I try to switch to that instead? Thanks

What's your goal??

Cheapest TV possible, or channels you want to watch?

You definitely did not get the best deal possible. Didn't you mention the letter you received?

My goal is pretty much the cheapest TV since all the channels I watch are covered in both (locals, espns, comedy central, history, discovery mainly). Yes, I did mention the letter... the $5 a month for 6 months was after arguing till I was red in the face to someone on chat that I should be getting some kind of credit because of the letter. He said the credit only applied to the top 200, I told him nowhere in that letter it specifies that, but he wouldn't budge. I even said well, just cancel my account and that's when he offered the $5 credit. What is your advice to get a better deal for my needs? Thanks

What's your goal??

Cheapest TV possible, or channels you want to watch?

You definitely did not get the best deal possible. Didn't you mention the letter you received?

credits

Has anyone seen the promised credits yet? I have not.

Today I see:
Dish America $34.99
HD Solo DVR Receiver $10.00
DVR Service $6.00
HD Platinum $10.00
Starz - Free 12 Mo $0.00

Total
$60.99 (excludes taxes / credits)

I was promised Free HD Platinum and a $10 credit for 12 months, it better show up before billing cycle on the 5th for me. I could care less about Starz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)