Losing HD Absolute. Any suggestions?

dish almost makes you want to cancel just because they are so clueless, however, nobody is going to be any different

my bill now shows:

DISHHD ABSOLUTE: $29.99
Locals: $10.00
DVR Service: $6.00
Total: $45.99 (excludes taxes / credits)

I haven't heard of anyone being charged $10 for locals.

That is easily resolved via chat or phone...

I don't think it is "easily" resolved at all, I just had a 30m chat session to get them to remove the dvr-integration fee which was $4, no other changes, and they changed my locals from $6 to $10 after the chat session...makes no sense at all.

Someone posted from a chat session that said because Absolute isn't a "core" package, it doesn't qualify for free Starz.
LOL!

I erased her ID and my name.
Short version:
Me: So in summary I'm confused. What do I get?
Ashley (0): You get 3 PPV coupons.
Ashley (0): STARZ and encore movie pack free for 12 months.
Me: OK, Thank you so much!
Me: That's it then. Bye : )
Ashley (0): Thank you for chatting with dish network. Have a pleasant night!
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Long version:
[FONT=&quot]Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You are currently at position number 28 in the queue.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You are currently at position number 23 in the queue.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You are currently at position number 13 in the queue.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You are currently at position number 7 in the queue.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Welcome to DISH Network Chat.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): How can I help you today?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Hello, I was promised 6 free PPV certificates for the 30th anniversary gift, but only got two. Later, I was promised 3 free PPV certificates because of a billing issue. I only got two total. Sorry if respond slow. have cancer and a surgery disabled me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): Hello.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): I am sorry about that.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): Me, I'll pray that you get well soon.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: I also see the Starz for 1/yr is an anniversary gift. Can get that?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): Yes, you can get that.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Thank you. I'm young, so haven't exp. much[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): You are welcome.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Thanks again[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): You are most welcome.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): For security purposes, can you please verify the last four digits of the Social Security Number on the account?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: XXXX[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): Thank you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: I don't care about the other three PPV cert if get Starz[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): Okay.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): I've added that for you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): How about getting Encore free for 12 months?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: What?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: I prefer Starz.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): Yes, you will get that too.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Oh, OK. Both is great! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: TV is a good distraction. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): How about HD platinum free for 12 months?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: I already have that. Can I get a credit or more PPV certs?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): I'll issue 3 PPV coupon.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: In addition to the 4 missing ones?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): I'll issue only 3 PPV coupons.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: OK. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): Is there anything else I can assist you with?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: So Starz and Encore free for 1/yr + 3 PPV cert?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Hello?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): Yes, sir.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): I am here.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): I am sorry for the delay.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: To confirm those three things?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): No.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): Was working on your account.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): Had to run around for the changes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: What do I get then?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): Within few more minutes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: OK, let me know. I appreciate it. God Bless you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): Thank you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): Is there anything else I can assist you with?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: So in summary I'm confused. What do I get?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): You get 3 PPV coupons.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): STARZ and encore movie pack free for 12 months.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: OK, Thank you so much![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: That's it then. Bye : )[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ashley (0): Thank you for chatting with dish network. Have a pleasant night![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your session has ended. You may now close this window.[/FONT]

Last edited:
I don't think it is "easily" resolved at all, I just had a 30m chat session to get them to remove the dvr-integration fee which was $4, no other changes, and they changed my locals from $6 to $10 after the chat session...makes no sense at all.

Can't you just login your account online, and remove it by unselecting it then 'Submit' ?
My Programming > A La Carte(tab)

The letters we received state 2/1/11 we would all be changed automatically to the 200. There is still several hours left to this day. Even if it does not happen today I feel it is inevitable, they would not go through the trouble of notifying us if they were not serious. My thinking is the letter was a scare tactic to get a majority of us to call in and voluntarily switch without overwhelming their csr's and phones all at once. This probably was somewhat effective, but still not enough. If I were a betting person I'd say this ain't nowhere near over......

Well, I think I screwed myself. I used the text chat to see about adding Starz and Encore for free. The first time, they said the system was down. The second time, she happily added it. Then I checked my statement, and I was being charged for AT200, HD200 AND Absolute. Argh.

I started another chat session, and asked the guy to remove AT200 and HD200. He gave a canned response about getting HD200, $10 off for 12 months, Platinum free for 12 months, and HD for life. Since I called in and was told that I would get $15 off when I had called in earlier in the month (about switching from Absolute to AT120), I asked. He said that I would. After reconfiguring my account, he told me my price and warned me that if I changed it again, I'd have a fee. I looked, and he had given me 120+, which is NOT what I asked for. He said that it was a mistake, but a minute later, I see that my account has mysteriously removed 120+ (along with the RSNs) and added 120.

I asked what my final bill would be, and he said: 50.99 per month and 40.99 with the $10 credit.

I just checked, and it appears that I have been moved to AT120. I have Nick, MTV, but no NFL Network or Science channel. I do still have Cinemax (penny deal), and now I have Starz and Encore as well. I just need to keep an eye on my bill to make sure that I don't get socked with a whopper. Right now, my bill reads:

America's Top 200
$59.99
HD 200
$10.00
DISHHD ABSOLUTE
$29.99
DVR Service
$6.00
HD Platinum - Free 12 Mo
$0.00
Starz - Free 12 Mo
$0.00
Encore - Free 12 Mo
$0.00

Total
$105.98 (excludes taxes / credits)

So if you're an Absoluter thinking of calling for Starz and Encore, be careful.

There I fixed it for you :)

This particular* slow motion train wreck may not be over :(

Talon Dancer

* as opposed to the other Dish inspired train wrecks that fill up threads in this forum.

I know, I know. Ultimately, I can't honestly say I feel totally ripped off if I'm getting Platinum, Cinemax, Starz, and Encore for free for a year for $41. I am aggravated at the fact that I thought I had called and set it all up when I received the letter for $15 off instead of $10, but he said that it's not even noted in my account. Why did I call at all then? Sheesh. :)

So if everyone else gets to keep Absolute, there goes a big slap to my forehead for calling (well, chatting). Guess we'll see what happens with next month's bill, and then if that goes well, I'll forget about it until next February.

Edit: Just checked my bill one last time. This seems right.

America's Top 120
$44.99
DVR Service
$6.00
HD 120 Free
$0.00
HD Platinum - Free 12 Mo
$0.00
Starz - Free 12 Mo
$0.00
Encore - Free 12 Mo
$0.00

Total
$50.99 (excludes taxes / credits)

So, you ended up getting Starz and Encore for a yr. and 6 PPV coupons? All the while keeping HD absolute?
i think I screwed myself. I didn't get the channels, so they switched me to AT 200 after a second chat. If I don't get it back I will switch to D*.

[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): I do apologize if I could switch it back I could but the system will not allow me or my coworkers to. If you call in there will be a supervisor there right now to assist you. I am sorry there is not one I can transfer you to in chat right now.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: When will there be?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): In the morning on chat at 8 am you can get assistance now at 1-800-333-3474.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): i will leave detailed notes in your account. I do apologize.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: No credits, no choice, no platinum[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): I do apologize the supervisor will be able to assist you to get this resolve.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): I cannot change it back.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): Anything else I can help you with?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: How about my current credits? Lost?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): They are on there.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Yes, what notes will you make?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): I told them about your previous conversation, i also mentioned how the system reverted to the 200 and that you want the HD absolute but I cannot change it back. I also included ppv.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: The $15 credit i was getting was or absolute[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Can I get ppV cert in the mean time[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): it says you were getting 10 right now I cannot touch credits however supervisor can. I also tried to give you a ppv coupons and it is locking me out. I also noted that in the account to.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): that is possibly why the last agent may not have been able to add it on.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): At this time I would recommend you speak to a supervisor because they have the ability to make more changes then regular agents.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): I am sorry that there are non right now on chat.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me: Did you note reverting back to HD Absolute?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): 1-800-333-3474 they are on the phone right now though you can say I need a supervisor and read the notes. Yes I said you wanted to go back and the system will not allow me to.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): Anything else I can help you with? Sorry the supervisor will be able to assist you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): ok.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): I have not heard from you in a while and your chat window shows you've been idle, are you still with me?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shannon (ID: ZW5): I apologize, however due to the lack of response I will now be ending this chat session. I hope your lack of response means that the issue is now resolved. Please feel free to chat back any time with additional questions or concerns. Thank you for using Dish Network Live Chat![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your session has ended. You may now close this window.[/FONT]
E -mail sent to ceo contact.

Last edited:
Well, I guess my Absolute Hd party is over........... My account now reads that I have AT200 ........ :(

America's Top 200$59.99

DVR Service$6.00

HD 200 Free$0.00

DISH Platinum - Free 12 Mo$0.00

Monthly Charges$65.99

RIP Absolute....... was great while it lasted.......

?Sa?dma??? said:
Well, I guess my Absolute Hd party is over........... My account now reads that I have AT200 ........ :(

America's Top 200$59.99

DVR Service$6.00

HD 200 Free$0.00

Monthly Charges$65.99

RIP Absolute....... was great while it lasted.......

Same here with a $10 credit. To see credit, click submit under the proposed changes.

I'm not sure I can even make sense of what I was changed to overnight:

Current Programming
Welcome Pack*Your Basic Programming is not a current programming option and is only available for you until you choose to switch to an available package below. You are free to keep your current Basic Programming, but if you elect to change, you will not be able to receive this package again.HD Solo ReceiverHD 200 FreeAmerica's Top 200CinemaxDISH Platinum - Free 12 MoMonthly Charges
$84.98 (excludes taxes/credits)

Proposed Changes

Welcome Pack$9.99
HD Solo Receiver$7.00
HD 200 Free$0.00
America's Top 200$54.99
Cinemax$13.00

Monthly Charges$84.98

I can't tell if I'm still w/ Absolute or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts