Losing HD Absolute. Any suggestions?

The letter says you will get the premiums and the credits automatically, whether you call or not. I did not call and expect to be changed and credited as written in the letter. Your entire comment sound more like James Long than the Scott that I thought I knew.

That's really going to get under Scott's skin :D

Ugh..

I received the letter, called as I wanted to go ahead and switch if I had to anyway. But the operator I talked to told me to do nothing and I had to wait for Feb. 1st to see my offer.

Just checked my next bill due on the 21st and they are giving me $19.00 off for the first 6 months, then $10.00 off for the next 6 months. That means I will pay $11.00 more than I was paying for months 1-6, $20 more for months 7 - 12, and $38.57 more after 12 months. That more than doubles what I was paying ($37.42), with less channels. It was nice while it lasted, but I can't see how they expect people to accept this in the long run.

My Dish account shows me on AT200 now, but even after performing a check switch, my programming is still HD Absolute.

I have unhidden the SD Disney channels so I can tell when it changes, but they are still green on the guide.

My programing has now been switched to AT200 without my intervention. I still am getting the Cinemax package, but not the Starz. I'm still not sure what the actual credit is, but I'll need to evaluate that against going to DTV with the Costco and Referral breaks. I'm currently not getting locals, but I didn't have them in the first place.

Switched to D* on 1/30 and cancelled E* on 1/31. After seeing this charlie foxtrot I'm glad I did. I was a 10 year sub and would have been happy to stay on absolute. The rep was cordial about the cancellation, and I left my gear on the roof in case I decide to come back in a couple of years. The D* experience so far has been excellent, I admit I was nervous about the switch. I'm not fanatical about either of these companies, it's all about who can give me the best value for my money, customer support, and the technology I want.

I still have the Absolute programming on my boxes. Is this change in our billing just a scare tactic(or screwup), or will programming catch up?

My account has been switched (online billing) over to America's Top 200 from Absolute HD on it's own. I'm still getting the Absolute HD programming even with a switch check and program update. What's going here? Does anyone still have Absolute HD still showing on their online billing account?

My programing has now been switched to AT200 without my intervention. I still am getting the Cinemax package, but not the Starz. I'm still not sure what the actual credit is, but I'll need to evaluate that against going to DTV with the Costco and Referral breaks. I'm currently not getting locals, but I didn't have them in the first place.

I just verified with the Loyalty team that I'll be getting the $20 off the first 6 months, and $10 for 6 months following, based on the new Feb 1 pricing and without locals, so my pricing will be $34.99 for AT200. I'm not messing with the Starz promotion yet, because it's still likely for me to drop service altogether.

Same here, online says 200 still AbHD on 722k. Anyone know why I can't select the "Dish America" package from the web site? I am going to call anyway, but just curious. I may stay with the 200 for the next year. Be nice to have Sirius and the FSN channel again. That way I can watch the Mariners Suck next year.

I chatted with support - told them we were going to cancel service, so they transferred to the Loyalty Dept. Best deal we could get was really nothing - the "standard" $10 credit for 12 mos., Free HD for Life, free Platimum & STARZ (for 12 mos.). We changed to AT 120+, addition of FSN is nice, but we lost Nat Geo. Had a lengthy discussion about canceling but the rep kept saying that's all he could do for us. Didn't have time to screw around, so that's what we wound up with (with AT120 at the new prices).

I am still getting NatGeo, Science and other channels as before. So, I must still be on Absolute. Although the price in my on-line account has now doubled.
I will give Dish some time to clear this mess and will call them after they actually change my programming or start charging the higher rate to my card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)