Losing HD Absolute. Any suggestions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
ok... just got off chat. I got $5 off for 12 months, free HD for life, and free Platinum for 12 months. They wouldn't give me Starz. But they did take off the $10 "international access - locals" fee. Not thrilled. I'm probably going to down/upgrade to Latino Max.

Where do I see my credits? Just on the bill? And why is there a $6 DVR fee? Didn't have that with Absolute.

ok... changed to Latino Max, found my credits. Still, why the DVR fee?

Last edited:
I was subscribing to HD Absolute, locals, and one international channel (Globo), with a 622 and 722. Here's what I see now when I login to my account:

International Access - Locals$10.00
HD Duo (2TV) DVR Receiver $17.00
DVR Service $6.00
HD 200 Free $0.00
America's Top 200 $54.99
DISH Platinum - Free 12 Mo $0.00
Brazilian: TV Globo $19.99
Monthly Charges$107.98

Looks like they "accidentally" put the $10 "International Access" fee on my account. When I call about that, I'll see about getting some credits.

My bill (before taxes) had been $72.98 /month. My new total (after I remove the $10 International fee) will be $97.98. So a significant increase, but I will also be getting some channels I've missed so I won't complain too loudly. Especially if I can get some credits for the next 12 months.

Do you have a DVR? Is History en Espanol just the alternate audio? I wonder if I can see Pawn Stars, American pickers, The Universe, UFO Files and UFO Hunters in English. I don't see most them on the listings.
Some of you guys are settling for less. I mean $5? Don't do it via chat.

Last edited:
It is its own channel, like ESPN Deportes

History en Español is 24-hour Spanish language television channel, a counterpart of the History channel, that focuses on Latin American and world history. It officially launched in 2004. The network shows original programming, as well as Spanish-dubbed versions of programs originally seen on the main History channel.

Dish Latino Max has both but DIsh Latino Dos and lower do not

I was subscribing to HD Absolute, locals, and one international channel (Globo), with a 622 and 722. Here's what I see now when I login to my account:

International Access - Locals$10.00
HD Duo (2TV) DVR Receiver $17.00
DVR Service $6.00
HD 200 Free $0.00
America's Top 200 $54.99
DISH Platinum - Free 12 Mo $0.00
Brazilian: TV Globo $19.99
Monthly Charges$107.98

Looks like they "accidentally" put the $10 "International Access" fee on my account. When I call about that, I'll see about getting some credits.

My bill (before taxes) had been $72.98 /month. My new total (after I remove the $10 International fee) will be $97.98. So a significant increase, but I will also be getting some channels I've missed so I won't complain too loudly. Especially if I can get some credits for the next 12 months.

Click on the submit button under proposed changes and you'll see your automatic credits.

the inconsistency in the offer is lame, if they would have offered me $20 off for 6 months, then $10 off they may have kept my business

why offer it only to certain customers? I've been a customer every since Dish took over Voom.

the inconsistency in the offer is lame, if they would have offered me $20 off for 6 months, then $10 off they may have kept my business

why offer it only to certain customers? I've been a customer every since Dish took over Voom.

The retention supervisor said $10 was the max. People are posting lies on the forums according to him.

:rant: Damn you Charlie, I'll give you my Absolute when you take it from my cold, dead hands! :rant:

... still got it for the moment. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I am still on Absolute. Looks like they are switching us one sub at a time...

On my receiver I still have Absolute, but my online account shows that I've been switched over to the Top 200 programming package. Does your online account still shows that you have Absolute?

The retention supervisor said $10 was the max. People are posting lies on the forums according to him.

Way too many people have claimed getting $15 off for a year or $20 for 6 months then $10 for 6 for it to be a lie.

I'm thinking they must have very rigid rules based on your tenure. I was with Dish prior to Voom, then ever since. I've also only been offered $10, but haven't pushed them on it.

Here's my CHAT-

Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
Austin (ID: V7U): Hi.
Austin (ID: V7U): How can I help you today?
me: i was forced into AT200 when YOU discontinued HD Absolute, i am supposed to get some compensation for the forced package change- 1. $15/mo credit for one year 2. HD Free for life 3. HD Platinum Free for life 4. STARZ package Free for one year
Austin (ID: V7U): Please give me just 1-2 minutes while I check on that for you.
Austin (ID: V7U): For security purposes, can you please verify the 4 digit PIN on the account?
me: xxxxxx
Austin (ID: V7U): Thank you.
Austin (ID: V7U): Thank you for your patience.
Austin (ID: V7U): You are getting $20 credits on the account.
me: Thanks... so $20/mo credit for one year? What about the HD Free for life, HD Platinum Free for life, & STARZ package Free for one year
Austin (ID: V7U): Yes.
Austin (ID: V7U): You also have HD free for life on the account.
Austin (ID: V7U): Current we cannot add Starz and HD platinum promo code on the account.
Austin (ID: V7U): Please contact us back after couple of months for that promotion.
Austin (ID: V7U): Do you have any other questions for me?
me: what is my monthly bill gonna be?
Austin (ID: V7U): And also you have HD platinum free for 12 months.
Austin (ID: V7U): Your monthly charge would be $40.99.
Austin (ID: V7U): Is there anything else I can assist you with?
me: so, just to be clear. i have AT200, HD Free for life, HD Platinum free for 12months, with a $20/mo credit for 12 months. Monthly bill is $40.99
Austin (ID: V7U): You are right.
me: is there some reason i can't get the STARZ free for one year deal?
Austin (ID: V7U): There might be.
Austin (ID: V7U): We don't have authorities to check with that information.
Austin (ID: V7U): I request you to contact us back after couple of days for that.
Austin (ID: V7U): So that we can offer your starz free on the account.
me: ok

Here's my CHAT-

For "$20/mo credit for 12 months", I bet the reps are misinformed or reading it wrong.

The breakdown for the $20 credit is:

(Monthly Credits -20.00)
Cr: Programming $10x12 -10.00
Cr: Courtesy $10x6 -10.00
This makes it $15 per month for 12 months, effectively.

And, for those reps that told you $10 was the max, just log into your own dish account and add or change the programming yourself to your liking... I believe the $20 Credit is the SAME for everyone with previous HD Absolute.

When I got automatically switched to AT200 earlier this evening, my RSN's were showing (FOXS, SportsSouth, MASN, and MASN2). As far as your missing channels goes, it may, as mine did, take a little while for the changes to fully take effect. A call or chat should resolve your issue though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)