Losing HD Absolute. Any suggestions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Local sports/RSN's ARE included with AT200.

That's good to know. When I asked about this during a chat, the rep first claimed I'd get every single Fox sports channel. Then he backtracked and said I wouldn't get any. And then he got disconnected.

I believe the $20 Credit is the SAME for everyone with previous HD Absolute.

It definitely isn't the same for everyone. I'm only getting a $10 monthly credit.

If I do will that effectively change me to whatever I select?

When you hit select the first time, it'll show you your discounts. You have to hit select a second time (bottom of that page) in order for Dish to confirm it.

Ha! placebo beat me to it!

Last edited:
I waited till Dish changed my programming for me and today I saw:

Dish America Silver: $49.99
DVR Service: $6.00
DISH Platinum - Free 12 Mo: $0.00
Total Monthly Charges: $55.99

It was a good ride while it lasted. At least Directv's offer for new customers are about the same cost for the first 2 years - and conveniently timed before they expire next week.

That's good to know. When I asked about this during a chat, the rep first claimed I'd get every single Fox sports channel. Then he backtracked and said I wouldn't get any. And then he got disconnected.

It definitely isn't the same for everyone. I'm only getting a $10 monthly credit.

Try checking your current credits by logging into your Dish account and selecting My Programming, then click submit under proposed changes. It should list the $20 credit under your current programming...

On my receiver I still have Absolute, but my online account shows that I've been switched over to the Top 200 programming package. Does your online account still shows that you have Absolute?

Well, they've just switched me over in the past hour. :(
R.I.P Absolute!

Thanks for the info. After playing with a couple of different packages the results are the same. I don't do auto pay & have never been late. I don't understand how some are getting a better deal..... dish credits.PNG

When I got automatically switched to AT200 earlier this evening, my RSN's were showing (FOXS, SportsSouth, MASN, and MASN2). As far as your missing channels goes, it may, as mine did, take a little while for the changes to fully take effect. A call or chat should resolve your issue though.

I got them now. Tech support had to send a "hit" to my receiver. Working now including Fox sports AZ.

Thanks for the info. After playing with a couple of different packages the results are the same. I don't do auto pay & have never been late. I don't understand how some are getting a better deal.....View attachment 61258

Hmm... interesting... could the additional $10 CR for 6 months be from AutoPay. The credit name is "Cr: Courtesy $10x6 -10.00".

Maybe placebo can chime in on whether he has AutoPay or not...

This whole fiasco really ticks me off. I work for a retailer that offers both providers. I have half a notion to say the he** with E* & sign myself up for d*. I can get $39 a month off for 10 months, $29 for months 11 & 12 then go to regular price, plus make $215 for the sale & install. The more I think about it's kind of a no brainer...........

This whole fiasco really ticks me off. I work for a retailer that offers both providers. I have half a notion to say the he** with E* & sign myself up for d*. I can get $39 a month off for 10 months, $29 for months 11 & 12 then go to regular price, plus make $215 for the sale & install. The more I think about it's kind of a no brainer...........
Absolute vs. Choice Extra... I'm sticking with Dish ATM. They have kept their word so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)