Losing HD Absolute. Any suggestions?

All worked out well for me.....

On January 31st I called the number and paraphrased the letter about HD absolute being cancelled.

Bottom line is that I signed up for Dish America, an HD only pack, and they gave me the HD platinum free for a year and they gave me Stars HD free for a year. Looks like my bill might even go down after the switch. I have all of the channels I wanted before, except for WGN, and I can live with that.

Funny thing is that Dish wanted me to do a survey afterwards which I agreed to. Their system malfunctioned after it called me back, and it hung up on me. This was the first time I was actually going to give a favorable rating to the CSR!

Latino Max is really different, I'm finding out. For some reason they don't seem to just us the same channels as the AT packs. I don't understand why not since it' is the top package like the AT 250. Seems like E* is just spinning their wheels with the way that they are doing the Latino packages.

They are not the same prices as the America's Top packages, though, and they include a lot of the Spanish channels. My guess is that they put the SAP channels and the really popular English channels in them since I am sure some subs are bilingual.

They are not the same prices as the America's Top packages, though, and they include a lot of the Spanish channels. My guess is that they put the SAP channels and the really popular English channels in them since I am sure some subs are bilingual.

I think he meant the way they have the channels numbered. All the HD in the 5000's, etc.

Many other posts have said the same thing. I wonder if their is a lineup card with channel numbers available for Latino MAx?

There is a channel lineup card, but most of the time it is not updated. HD channels are not mapped down to the SD channel number except for locals and RSNs.

Here is the hyperlink to the Dish Latino channel lineup card: http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/OnlineChannel_Latino.pdf

Dish Latino Dos and Dish Latino Max are eligible for the HD for Life promotion. The Platinum add-on may also be added to them as well as the a la carte options. They seem to have put these in the regular channel range like the English packages.

Here is the Sirius XM channel lineup card as well if you want Dos or Max: http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/SiriusChannelGuide.pdf
This one may be a little outdated in terms of one or two channels.

They are advertising a package that was not advertised before (Dish Latino Plus). However, this one does not seem to be eligible for HD for Life.

I decided to go to Direct TV since they canceled my HD only package. I signed up during the first week they offered it with all kinds of promises it could never be cancelled and they would add all the (cheap) HD stations as they became available. So the first week they took away all the zoom channels. The first week it went downhill, then they started adding channels now they kill the package. SO I figured the only way to show my contempt was to leave.

Lost all my HD for Life night before last. I had to go on to chat and it took 2 different agents to fix the problems I had. This is why I was talking about the channels problem. It's still strange thought that the Latino Max HD channels won't map down to the lower numbers like the pdf of the HD channels for all the packages show it should. HD for life show differently in Latino than in the English packs. It's call HD Max free.
Latino Max
$57.99
HD Max Free
$0.00
DISH Platinum - Free 12 Mo
$0.00
Starz - Free 12 Mo
$0.00
Monthly Charges
$57.99

Lost all my HD for Life night before last. I had to go on to chat and it took 2 different agents to fix the problems I had. This is why I was talking about the channels problem. It's still strange thought that the Latino Max HD channels won't map down to the lower numbers like the pdf of the HD channels for all the packages show it should. HD for life show differently in Latino than in the English packs. It's call HD Max free.
Latino Max
$57.99
HD Max Free
$0.00
$0.00
Starz - Free 12 Mo
$0.00
Monthly Charges
$57.99

Here is the hyperlink to the Dish Latino channel lineup card: http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads...nel_Latino.pdf

Please note that although not always accurate that they do have the SD channels with different numbers and the HD channels with different numbers in the 5000 range.

If you are in Dish Latino Dos, then you would have HD Dos Free. As far as I know, Dos and Max are eligible for HD for Life.

The channels from Absolute HD aren't accurate. Like Disney, ABC Family, etc. And since Absolute HD isn't available any more, maybe comparing what is available would be more worth while. Like the cheaper Dish America with free platinum channels...

If you are in Dish Latino Dos, then you would have HD Dos Free. As far as I know, Dos and Max are eligible for HD for Life.
That's correct and if I posted the entire chat you would see that the 1st CSR was as is very often the case "CLUELESS". The the super was able to fix it. But for Latino the "name" has to be a bit different than w/ the English package IOW the HD Max free. I didn't want to post pages of a chat w/ one that lasted almost an hour.

That's correct and if I posted the entire chat you would see that the 1st CSR was as is very often the case "CLUELESS". The the super was able to fix it. But for Latino the "name" has to be a bit different than w/ the English package IOW the HD Max free. I didn't want to post pages of a chat w/ one that lasted almost an hour.

Overall, I had a pretty good CSR. The only thing was that the CSR listed all the RSNs and the channel numbers that the America's Top packages use. I just wanted to check my information with their information. I really do not understand why they do not map down the numbers, but we are starting to become familiar with them now since there really is no choice unless you want to SD programming. However, that defeats the purpose of watching the channels on an HD television. Then, the TV 2s in our house have the SD number in the favorites list while the TV 1s in our house have the HD number in the favorites list. However, we do not mind doing this if it saves some money. I just use the guide and a favorites list. Honestly, I think Dish could get more subs if they fixed and updated their channel lists. Sometimes they add logos to the HD channel list on the site, and they delete the logos of previous channels that are still in the package. It really does not make much sense to me anyway. For example, they leave out channels from the lists like AMC, IFC, We, etc.

A slight correction?

In this updated spreadsheet, the 2nd year (month 13 to 24) is $63.99-$14=$49.99 (not $34.99). So the 2nd Year is
$49.99*12=599.88-$180=$419.88/12=$34.99
$259.88+$419.88=$679.76/24=$28.32 AVG

And for us that lives in SoCal, we pay full price for second year:

$63.99*12=767.88-$180=$587.88/12=$48.99
$259.88+$587.88=$847.76/24=$35.32 AVG

Hmmm...When I did this, and I'm in So-CAL I got offered to lock it in for 2 -yrs. You can fudge-up the zip, then call in a few days later to fix it. I forgot I had the $6 plan. I guess I got a great deal. I wish DISH would be on par with D* on fees.

Last edited:
Latino Max
$57.99
HD Max Free
$0.00
$0.00
Starz - Free 12 Mo
$0.00
Monthly Charges
$57.99

I don't think that package has mapdown's for their HD channels.

How is that? We all have to pay a $6 DVR fee.

LatinoMax 57.99
extra 722 17.00
extra 21 7.00
dvr fee 6.00
----------------------
dvr fee -6.00 how????

so you got $20 off for how long? 6 months? 12 months?
Hmmm Service Plan is not showing. Don't use chat , espesicaly at night, you'll get India. Screenshot_4.jpg

I do' care if they cancel the SP as long as I don't get the cancel fee. I get Platinum, Cinemax, and now DVR fee don't even show on bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts