losing lower transponders on 6000

sleoch

Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Dear all,

I have lost the signal on the lower transponders for my 6000 IRD. I have another receiver and have verified that the switches are fine and it seems to be a receiver problem. I think I have the latest firmware 856 p-f. Is there anything I can try?

Thank you

Has anything change with the cable going to the 6000 receiver? Cable, connectors, barrel connectors, etc....

The low transponders are on the high frequencies and when there is a problem with cable or connectors, those are the first to go. It could also be the receiver but you should inspect the cable and connectors from the receiver to the LNB. Sometimes water gets inside the connectors if they are not properly sealed or tightened.

Thank you for the reply. Can the tuner be replaced and if so where does one find one?

Thank you for the reply. Can the tuner be replaced and if so where does one find one?

I would just replace the receiver with one of the new ViP models. I remember a couple of years seeing an online site where they sold satellite tuners for the 5xx receivers but don't think that you will find a satellite tuner for the 6000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts