Losing Program Guide Info in late afternoons

I happened again last night about 6:00pm, guide extended less than 2 days. And of course the local OTA sub channel data is also gone so I cannot even see what is on in the next hour.

I did a Check Switch & noticed neither the "Alternate" or "Super Dish" were selected. Just to confirm, your "Alternate" was already selected by default?

Yes "Alternate" was already selected. Adding "Super Dish" seems to have done the trick. I don't think you can hurt by selecting both. If different issues arise, backtrack and try again. I have still not had any issues since trying this.

Yes "Alternate" was already selected. Adding "Super Dish" seems to have done the trick. I don't think you can hurt by selecting both. If different issues arise, backtrack and try again. I have still not had any issues since trying this.

Thanks, I'll select both next time.

Do you have any idea what these selections do? I don't have either one selected & yet I still get the guide, usually.

Just wondering if these selections make a difference whether you have EA or WA. I have EA. Which do you have?

Thanks, I'll select both next time.

Do you have any idea what these selections do? I don't have either one selected & yet I still get the guide, usually.

Just wondering if these selections make a difference whether you have EA or WA. I have EA. Which do you have?

I would be WA, but have no idea what they do. Like I said, it would appear that if trouble arises, it would be a simple back track and try again.

As of today 7/2, 1:00pm, two day guide only. Been OK for a while. OH well.

I may have found an additional clue! I found my guide messed up about an hour after the daily update should have run. Before I had a chance to do anything to force it, the guide download info box came up on the screen. I let it run, voila, all OK again. maybe we're not seeing it but it messes up during the update and fixes itself a short time later. It's a time I am usually pumpin' out the zzzzzzz. Any chance you're running the daily updates a short time before you discover the issue? Maybe let it lie and check it again a little later.

Up date at 3:00AM. Noticed out at 1:00PM. Nothing recorded before 7:00AM, so there was nothing blocking the download.

Have you tried the settings I suggested earlier? Only response in thread about doing that was Mike88. Other than the ONE incident I just had, it's been good for me. Mike88 hasn't reported any repeat issues yet.

If you have a big EHD and have it connected and online the reboot can take a long time to start. If it is waiting for that then just pull the USB and a reboot will start shortly. I suppose it is doing an fsck on the EHD but what would it do if there is a problem?

-Ken

If you have a big EHD and have it connected and online the reboot can take a long time to start. If it is waiting for that then just pull the USB and a reboot will start shortly. I suppose it is doing an fsck on the EHD but what would it do if there is a problem?

-Ken

No EHD involved, but DIRT has suggested that HDD is possible culprit. I have however had same symptom on non DVR box.

I had a problem with losing the guide data on my 622 for years. It would drop the guide every few days, almost always at around 7:00pm. Then it would be fine for months. A couple of months ago, it started dropping the guide every day. I would just do a check switch every day around 7:30 and it would be OK until the next day. I finally decided I better get an EHD and transfer all of the programs we had been saving since I figured the internal drive was about to die and it was getting pretty full.

Once I moved all of the saved programs to the EHD, 3 months ago, the guide has worked flawlessly.

I believe the dish selection choices are only used to determine how to aim the dish (gives you compass bearing, elevation, and azimuth). DIRT has indicated that it's only there as a leftover from older software. Notice there's no 1000.2, 1000.4, and all of the alternate dishes listed ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I believe the dish selection choices are only used to determine how to aim the dish (gives you compass bearing, elevation, and azimuth). DIRT has indicated that it's only there as a leftover from older software. Notice there's no 1000.2, 1000.4, and all of the alternate dishes listed ?

Acknowledged, I was simply reporting what appears to have worked for me and suggested others try. I have NO IDEA why it worked, it just did.

I have not reported any problems lately because I have not noticed any, but that does not mean they haven't been there. Sometimes I've seen the problem in the afternoon, but I usually don't watch TV in the afternoon. So the problem could be there every afternoon but I would not know it. In the evening I don't usually check how far the EPG extends, so again I don't know what's not there.

It's been a while, but a couple times when I scrolled out the EPG and it ended short I got a message asking if I wanted to update it & I clicked on yes or OK. It did not do a check switch but did update the guide. But I've only seen this message 2 or 3 times.

Next time I have a problem I'll report back.

I have not reported any problems lately because I have not noticed any, but that does not mean they haven't been there. Sometimes I've seen the problem in the afternoon, but I usually don't watch TV in the afternoon. So the problem could be there every afternoon but I would not know it. In the evening I don't usually check how far the EPG extends, so again I don't know what's not there.

It's been a while, but a couple times when I scrolled out the EPG and it ended short I got a message asking if I wanted to update it & I clicked on yes or OK. It did not do a check switch but did update the guide. But I've only seen this message 2 or 3 times.

Next time I have a problem I'll report back.

You're right on schedule. Except for the glitch about 2 days ago, in the middle of the night, I have been perfect. Like I've said before I have no idea why it may have worked but all indications are it did work for me, and so far for you too. Let us know if you have any repeat issues. It will be good to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)