Only 64 percent signal after Hopper install?

FireFighterHill

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Groveland Florida
So they installed my hopper and joey system and im only getting 64 percent signal strength. The installer said this is normal and that the actual signal strength is much higher but the hopper will only show between 60-70%. Is this true? Sounds fishy to me.

note the number is not a percentage......

I'm going off the other equipment (non hopper) and Eastern Arc installs signal is around 55-60
Western Arc you can have 70's on the meter

And note that the signals will vary by transponder. For example, in baton rouge, satellite 129 on transponder 21 normally sees 75-82 while transponder 9 normally sees 43-48.

Yesterday, while watching the network news from my locals, the picture froze and then the message said the signal was lost. When I checked the signal strength the bar was yellow and was only measuring a 15. This was from the 61.5 satellite. If the dish has not been disturbed and the 72 satellite is receiving a signal of 50 to 55, why is the 61.5 satellite signal so weak? Today, I'm receiving a 43 from the 72 satellite and a 57 from the 61.5 satellite. What was wrong yesterday?

Thankful said:
Yesterday, while watching the network news from my locals, the picture froze and then the message said the signal was lost. When I checked the signal strength the bar was yellow and was only measuring a 15. This was from the 61.5 satellite. If the dish has not been disturbed and the 72 satellite is receiving a signal of 50 to 55, why is the 61.5 satellite signal so weak? Today, I'm receiving a 43 from the 72 satellite and a 57 from the 61.5 satellite. What was wrong yesterday?

Typically that is a result of intermittent interference. I have seen several systems where the signal gets lost from a tree limb being blown just the right way. I have also seen aircraft disrupt service. If you have perfect LOS and aren't near the airport I would bet money it is either the mount or a loose piece of hardware on the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts