Losing Program Guide Info in late afternoons

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Two days now on 722K, around 4:00 ET. "No Info Available" after two hours or less out. Yesterday, got the prompt to update. Did. All good. Then it happened again today. No problems with our 722. Daily update set for 6p. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
If you check DBS Talk, you'll see this has been happening for months. It is a Dish problem, not a individual receiver problem. I seems to affect 612s,622s,722s, and 922s. It happens randomly.

If the check switch comes back okay and this continues, it could be a sign of a hard drive starting to fail. If it continues let one of us DIRT Members know and we can get it replaced.

Zach. It's happening to too many receivers to have all of them having "hard drive failures". Look at the posts at DBS Talk for reports since last October.

Zach. It's happening to too many receivers to have all of them having "hard drive failures". Look at the posts at DBS Talk for reports since last October.

We understand that it happens occasionally on some receivers, but if it is a day-to-day problem, there is something else wrong (typically a failing hard drive).

Happens occasionally on my 612 and both of my 211s. Worst case I do a hard reset by power cycling. Whatever it takes to force a guide download. 211s not DVRs so no hard drive!

It's started to happen again. Full Guide in A.M. Two or three day Guide in P.M. Is this happening to anyone else?

I had it happen a couple days ago - again. I didn't force an update but waited till the next day & the full guide was then there.

I still don't know why an existing guide disappears. I can understand if a guide does not get updated & it gets one day shorter. IOW 8 days versus 9 days. But why the heck does Dish delete a whole weeks worth.

And it's happening to too many people for Dish to say it's all these hard drives failing. And if all these HDD are failing then perhaps they need to use better components.

I have had it happen to my 722K occasionally, but it is so seldom and random that I have not worried about it much, but one time last week I turned to the guide when I first turned on the unit and was looking ahead and everything was fine and then less than 5 minutes later most of the guide, with the exception of the very next hour, was missing. Forced a download and it has not repeated.

I mentioned this in another thread about similar problem. I was having same issue and when I went in to do a check switch I noticed that there were two selection options available that were "Alternate" and "Super Dish". Only "Alternate" was selected. I selected "Super Dish" also and did check switch and all was OK. Forced the guide download and it has been perfect ever since. Going on 3 weeks now I think. Seems worth a try!

Happened again once this week. First time since I started this thread.

I mentioned this in another thread about similar problem. I was having same issue and when I went in to do a check switch I noticed that there were two selection options available that were "Alternate" and "Super Dish". Only "Alternate" was selected. I selected "Super Dish" also and did check switch and all was OK. Forced the guide download and it has been perfect ever since. Going on 3 weeks now I think. Seems worth a try!

Have you tried this? It worked for me!!!

I happened again last night about 6:00pm, guide extended less than 2 days. And of course the local OTA sub channel data is also gone so I cannot even see what is on in the next hour.

I did a Check Switch & noticed neither the "Alternate" or "Super Dish" were selected. Just to confirm, your "Alternate" was already selected by default?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)