losing tuner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rogerpl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Northern Vt.
timer didn't fire. So I set three timers for 11pm. Two timers fire - third timer shows lost signal. Both hoppers doing it. It seems I don't have three tuners. Right now third tuner shows available but if I go to it with two timers on it will try to find sat.

For sure this is not a normal Hopper issue.. I have seen this with Node issues or cable issues.. Can't really rule anything out without a complete troubleshoot. But just know it's not normal.

did a reboot but never thought to do check switch, thanks MattG, that seems to have fixed problem. Just installed yesterday so still need to play around some more.

I'm not sure about the Hopper, but I have seen other Dish receivers having problems with timers not firing the first couple of days after the initial install. I always thought it was due to not getting everything needed to operate downloaded to the system. Same as it taking up to a couple of days for OTA guide (yes, i know Hopper does not have this yet), VOD and BB@Home not being available for the same amount of time. This has been my experience, I'm sure more knowledgeable posters could give better info on this than I can.

I had a lost signal on one tuner the other night after I installed my second hopper . I reran a checkswitch and it corrected the problem. I also re checked the cables on my dual node, just to make sure it was connected right and tight. I installed it in the dark with a flash light , so I wondered if it was done right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts