Loss most of my C-Band channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cazelly

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
I am aiming to the Intelsat 805, since the beginning I never got V polarity channels, so I didn't do much about. Now my H polarity channels that I was watching most of them except one are gone. What could be the cause and how to fix .Please I need some help how to get both polarities back. Thanks guys.

we will need more information , are you using a analog receiver, if you change the channel on the analog receiver do you gain Vertical channels.

it actually sounds like your only picking up the strongest transponder.
can you bump the dish slightly east or west and gain signal. did you try to adjust the skew on the analog receiver for best signal.

also if you setup the corotor did you check the focal distance and get it set properly?

it sounds like the servo motor is gone. try checking that. u can usually hear it when changing channels. what type of receiver are you using , 4dtv i assume?

Iam using a Pansat 2500A FTA receiver. Focal distance?...how do I get That?., and I have a Dual Feed horn Chaparral.But I only using C-Band LNB , no Ku Band ....I get only signal strength but no quality , " No signal" shows on the screen for those lost channels , like I said before I only get one channel with Horizontal polarity but it's signal quality has come to 35 to 43 from 65,. Thanks

by your saying dual feedhorn c-band only & no ku band , i suspect it a dual c-band and requires two lnb's one for vertical & one for horizontal.

the focal distance is the distance from the dish to the feedhorn & scaler

Thanks you Gabshere....What I meant is that my feedhorn has to 2 openings for each LNB ....
one for C-band and the other one for Ku-Band, since I only have C-Band LNB, I am using a servo for changing polarities.

That sounds like the servo has gone out.

<My take on it here>
When it died it was set to Horizontal and has probably fallen off from there due to vibrations (wind, etc...)

yes sounds like a servo problem
either its bad or not hooked up right . i think a few of the pansats can control a corotor and skew so if its working ( like chefwan said with someone changing between a v & h channel you should be able to hear it if out by the dish).

Still have polarities problems

My mistake guys It was a wrong connection in the servo with the receiver,it seems to work but it takes long to change polarities. I also have some "bad or scrambled channels ', what I mean is that one day I get free channels with no problem other day is "scrambled or bad channel" even thought they show free (Digital C-Band free) in LYNGSAT page . What could be the cause. Thank you again guys.

Still have problems with polarities

:confused:My mistake guys It was a wrong connection in the servo with the receiver,it seems to work but it takes long to change polarities. I also have some "bad or scrambled channels ', what I mean is that one day I get free channels with no problem other day is "scrambled or bad channel" even thought they show free (Digital C-Band free) in LYNGSAT page . What could be the cause. Thank you again guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts