Loss of OTA Signals in Chicago

Regular Guy

Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Donwers Grove, Ill
I have am located about 20 mile slightly SouthWest of Chicago's loop, where the local station transmitters are located. I have been using a $120 Radio Shack roof antenna with a Samsung Sir-T351 tuner feeding a Sony HD monitor. (I attached a 21db amp to the 100 ft cable run.) Since last summer I have had excellent reception on all the local stations (CBS-2,NBC-5,ABC-7,WGN-9,PBS-11,FOX-32,others). However, beginning sometime in November, I suddenly lost all these stations except WGN-9. Never a glimmer of the others. I've checked the antenna and all the connections. I'm baffled. Does anyone have any idea what could have happened? I will hate to have to sign up with Comcast cable. I enjoy and am satisfied with the free programing over the air. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re-Scan to Regain HDTV Reception

I've tried a re-scan a couple of times. It did return one station, UPN-50, but none of the others I am most interested in. Could the SIR-T351 be the problem? Are there better tuners out there?

Any chance these stations upped there power at the same time? Huge antenna and an amp is excessive at that distance. Any chance that during a storm your antenna moved off its original heading? With a very directional antenna and the extra power can really narrow down the beam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts