Loss of signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jukierules

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Okay, my D* just crapped out. Any of you guys on the east coast, more specifically Vermont, experiencing this. It's a crystal clear night and nothing has changed. It STB in the middle of a hockey game on CI. If this is until Sunday I will be Pissed!!!

Okay, my D* just crapped out. Any of you guys on the east coast, more specifically Vermont, experiencing this. It's a crystal clear night and nothing has changed. It STB in the middle of a hockey game on CI. If this is until Sunday I will be Pissed!!!

What were your signal strength at the time, and what are they now ?
Did you signal come back ?

Jimbo

I'm getting absolutely nothing now. I did a reset and that got me nowhere. I can't get any signal at all. I was watching a hockey game and all was well and all of a sudden it just cut off. I think my receiver might have crapped out on me:mad:. I tried to run diagnostics on it and I got the yellow triangle that says failed in front of the tuner and phone sections on the screen. That combined with the fact I'm getting no signal anywhere makes for quite a confusing situation.

not raining on your parade... but I just lost a line (1 of 4) off my slimline out of the blue, since my dish was very hard to get to and I only needed 2 true lines off the slimline I piggybacked off one of my neighbors 3 LNB to recapture the signal.

maybe you can take move you reciever to another location in the home to verify if its just the line or the reciever,or take it to a buddies house with D* and see if you can get a siganl into the box- I dont think it matters if a slim or 3 LNB cause you're just tryin to determine if the box is cooked or somethng else.

not raining on your parade... but I just lost a line (1 of 4) off my slimline out of the blue, since my dish was very hard to get to and I only needed 2 true lines off the slimline I piggybacked off one of my neighbors 3 LNB to recapture the signal....
Why in the world would you only have two lines run from the slimline dish? Since the dish is hard to get to, the time to run all lines was at the time of installation.

Anyway, the OP should swap around outputs from the dish to see if anything changes

no I have all four lines ran, hence I lost 1 of 4, we have an regular tivo and a 700, so the 700 got two from the slimline and the tivo got the 3rd from the slimline and one from my neighbors 3 LNB.

I still dont know what caused the line to go out..

no I have all four lines ran, hence I lost 1 of 4, we have an regular tivo and a 700, so the 700 got two from the slimline and the tivo got the 3rd from the slimline and one from my neighbors 3 LNB.

I still dont know what caused the line to go out..

Try replacing the connectors ...

Jimbo

I get home form work this afternoon and everything is working fine. Weird. Thanks for the suggestions guys! I really appreciate the help.

My connections are water tight and my SS is all in the high 90's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts