Lost 119

LLodge2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2003
Good evening, all!

I posted a couple months back about getting Shaw set up. DISH worked great. Now I moved back to Iowa and am having trouble with the 119 on DISH. I am using 110 skew, 38 on elevation, and 202 on the azumuth. 110 booms in fine. The check switch said that it wasn't detecting 119, so I purchased another LNBF. After doing some resets (unplugging) the check switch program on the receiver said the same thing. What are the odds on two LNBFs both being dead on 119?

I have done the following:

- tested the signal on both receivers with same result
- reversed the cables at the LNBF to see if it was a bad cable (110 still showed although it was only plugged into the 119)
- used the Droid satellite finder app to make sure I was spot on

Any ideas? I've tried to talk to DISH, but since I am not able to spend $$$ on the HD receivers they aren't really interested in talking to me about troubleshooting the DISH 500. I've made just about every adjustment one could make on skew, etc. and it is the same with both LNBFs. There are no obstructions. As a matter of fact the unit went right back on the exact same pole in the exact same place from where it had been for nearly five years!:confused:

Thanks for any help you can provide. :)

(I think I originally posted this in the wrong area)

Sounds like you might be picking up 110 on the 119 LNB. When working with multiple LNB's they look opposite where they are in the sky

Best thing to do is if you are standing behind the dish facing the LNB cover the right portion of the LNB which is what is normally used for 110. Then peak for 119. Once you lock 119 110 should fall into place

Sounds like you might be picking up 110 on the 119 LNB. When working with multiple LNB's they look opposite where they are in the sky

Best thing to do is if you are standing behind the dish facing the LNB cover the right portion of the LNB which is what is normally used for 110. Then peak for 119. Once you lock 119 110 should fall into place

Thanks, Iceberg. Very odd situation because I KNEW that the Dish wasn't aimed correctly. The elevation was just enough off that I don't believe it was actually picking up either the 110 or 119. I finally eyeballed it instead of using the instruments and started receiving both. The suggestion of covering the 110 while doing so really helped! :) I still don't know what one it could have been picking up. The instrumentation (signal finder) on both DISH and the sat finder had it getting a signal at approximately 160 degrees...a far cry from 202! Wierd. :confused:

Once again I appreciate the assistance!!! :angel:

An Old Dish Network Commercial

Remote Code: Panasonic SC-PT480???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)