Lost 2nd Satellite

alaskaremote

Original poster
May 14, 2008
Everything was working great! Then I hooked up my new Sony LCD HDTV. I haven't bought the new HD DishNetwork receivers yet. The Sony wants a HDMI hookup but my poor DP302 receivers only have audio/video cables. I live in Alaska so here's my setup: two separate DP dishes (one for 119, and the other for 110) with dual DP LNB's, feeding into a DP34 swith. From there, I feed 3 receivers to 3 TV's. After the hookup to my new Sony, it had a hard time seeing the 110 satellite channels. After "checking the switch", it lost the
satellite completely and only sees the 119 satellite. Very confusing. Checked the bedroom tv, it works fine. Sees both satellites, good signal. Went back to the Sony, still does not see the 110 satellite. Have reset everything! Any ideas would be appreciated. :confused::(

Switches are very senstive to "Arcing".... usually it's 44 Switches that get fried, but it can happen with 34 switches too... perhaps when you were playing around with everything, you inadvertently arced the line (unplugging from wall plate then plugging it back in when the receiver has power, which sends a spike of current down the line to the Switch which can ruin a port on the Switch, if not ruin the Switch completely)

Try moving the line that is feeding the troubled receiver to a different port on the 34 Switch.

Is your receiver seeing the 34 switch at all or are you getting DP Feed. If you are getting 119 as a DP Feed, you probably have a bad/loose shield connection on one of your connectors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts