Lost a bunch of HD channels today, please help!

HBO1

Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
I don't know much about all of this stuff, but I'll try and tell what I do know about my system. Have a 722 receiver, used to have 1 dish, but I needed it relocated and they installed 2 dishes about a year ago. Have had flawless reception.

Earlier today, I was watching Fox News HD, turned it on this afternoon and the channel is gone. Although I do have a fair amount of HD channels, it appears that most, if not all, the removed channels listed in today's uplink listing appear to be missing for me. I tried Dish's online support chat, he had me unplug my receiver and try to reset it, to no avail. I don't know how to do a manual update and if it performed one or not, but I still don't have those channels back.

Here is my "installation summary" screen:

Satellite Input 1

Port: 1 2 3 4
Satellite: 119 110 Conn 61.5
Trans: OK OK X OK
Device: 1k.2 1k.2 1k.2 Sngl
Switch: DPP 1k.2 w/seperator

Satellite Input 2

Reads exactly as Input 1 above

I don't know if this helps or not. The receiver, switch and dishes seem to all be functioning as they should?

Any advice or any other info needed?

THANK YOU!!!

Howard in New Bern, NC 28562

You have a "mixed" arc setup right now (119/110/61.5). You need to be put on a full arc setup to receive all of your channels again (119/110/129- western or 72.7/77/61.5-eastern).

If you PM your phone number or account number, I can set up an appointment for you.

You may be able to find some of the missing channels in the 4000 channel range

They don't call Matt "Speedy" for nothing you know! :D

Thanks to DISH Network for having Matt, Mary, Zach and the rest of the DISH Internet Response Team here! :D

I have the same problem but can not PM till I have some posts.

Also what if it's not possible to get all 3 satellites in these new ARC setups? There is a reason they are still doing split arc's in this area, my parents neighbor just got one last week and they did a split because that is all that works here.

If you're in Watertown or Elmira the reason is 129 is too low on the horizon for a WA install so they do a EA install (61.5/72/77)

EXCEPT

the locals in these 2 markets are SD only and on 119 so they need 2 dishes (I guess 61.5 either is too full or no spotbeams in the market)

My market would burlington,VT locals but the problem is terain. There is no spot where the mountains let you see all the dishes in 1 spot and the APA limits height to 35 feet AGL. People have tried every trick in the book, the APA can do what they want and has so far avoided being successfully told they have to allow anything above 35 feet. Cell towers are almost non-existent even when the Governor order them to be allow to be installed along the highway.
I have a spot that works but the technicians 5 years ago that did the installs while the house was being built did not want to get up to where the dishes are to install them. After 4 technicians, a new guy was willing to do it since it was his first week on the job. Never had to touch anything since then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)