Lost ABC in SF South bay

Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
India
ABC moved from UHF (24) to VHF (7) yesterday and I lost 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 which were being received earlier. I saw similar comments in ABC website also. H.ope they change back to UHF

I mentioned this in another thread. ABC channel 6 in Philadelphia has the same problem. They switched from UHF 64 to VHF 6 on Friday. Since that switch they have lost a lot of viewers.

Unfortunately their only solution is telling people to get a directional, rooftop antenna specifically for Channel 6. Seriously? How many people are going to drop that kind of money (besides us TV geeks) to put something on their roof for just one channel.

The move to any of the Lo-Band VHF channels is laughable in my opinion.

H.ope they change back to UHF
Not much chance of that. I'm in San Jose, and I just ordered a Channel Master CM2016. It should do the trick. If you cannot install an outdoor antenna, you can search for reviews of indoor models. In any case, you willo need an antenna capable of VHF reception.

Some UHF antennas can pick up hi-VHF. But, 7 is on the low end of hi-VHF. You'd have to be mighty close to the tower. Additionally, KGO 7 is now broadcasting at relatively low power, only 24Kw. Unfortunately, that appears to be as powerful as it will ever be.

The move to any of the Lo-Band VHF channels is laughable in my opinion.
It's not very smart, that's for sure. Of the hundreds (thousands?) of TV stations in the US, after the transition only about 40 remain in the lo-VHF band.

Some UHF antennas can pick up hi-VHF. But, 7 is on the low end of hi-VHF. You'd have to be mighty close to the tower. Additionally, KGO 7 is now broadcasting at relatively low power, only 24Kw. Unfortunately, that appears to be as powerful as it will ever be..
I live in an two level apartment complex and have CM4228, almost at ground level in my patio :( Unfortunately I can't install an VHF antenna on roof top. I get channel 11, which is the lowest freq. I even get KRCB, Channel 22.1, that is 75miles away..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)