Lost absolute now I have to pay to send their equipment back.

I was more upset that they had my 622 shown as a lease device when I actually bought it...It was like $499 when I bought it. The problem arose when they said they couldn't go back any further than a year in the records and that I had to show proof of buying it. They couldn't go back more than a year but expected me to go back 5+ years to find a receipt.

I was frustrated to the point where I just said forget it, send the $15 label and I will send it back, it's not like I had a use for it but it was a principle thing...at this point it's not like I will ever use it again, I will not be going back to dish anytime soon.

I also find it comical that they didn't really want to do much to keep my business when I was canceling but I have received several emails and phone calls since canceling where they want me to come back. No thank you, they had their chance to keep my business and failed.

That being said, I would never ever go with D*

Thanks for the info, I didn't know also the LNB had to be returned in that scenario.

I have a question, currently I'm on a contract, I lease one receiver and own the second one. Would it be possible for me to return the leased receiver and substitute it with an owned one?
That way I would be on all owned receivers.

Just a point of order!

Several people have stated; "Read the contract that you signed, it says that you will be charged to return equipment..." blah, blah blah!

I decided to look up and find my contract that I received many years ago. When I signed up with DISH many years ago-they gave me a Free 811 receiver when I signed up, and it was installed by someone who went up on my roof to install two dishes-one 500 at 119/110 & one 300 dish pointed at 65 so I could receive the Voom package. No where in the contract that I signed, does it say that I have to return this equipment after I completed the commitment period. I since, was forced to change from the 811 to a 211 lease and now a 222. There was no additional contracts included when these receivers were shipped to me.

The fee to return equipment is a recent "fee" imposed by DISH.

Currently I am satisfied with what DISH offered me for closing down the Absolute package-no I'm not happy with it, but I got a satisfactory deal. BUT THERE IS NO WAY I would go up on my roof to retreve any equipment for them.

They, a DISH representitive installed it. If they want it back, they would have to send someone out to get it and I would not pay them money for it either! :mad:

!protest I hope you DISH guys get this-I'm NOT an installer/uninstaller. !protest

I'll get off my soap box now!:D

I cannot believe that this thread has generated 62 replies in one day.

It's interesting when a topic like this comes up that many didn't know the details about and now we are aware of. I'm glad it was posted and happy that MattG has chimed in.

I look at it this way: I'm happy to returned leased equipment, there isn't a fee to return it but you've got to get it to them somehow. It would be nice if we could drop it off at a local retailer. Also, if we don't pull the LBN/switch it would be silly to get charged for it.

It's interesting when a topic like this comes up that many didn't know the details about and now we are aware of. I'm glad it was posted and happy that MattG has chimed in.

I look at it this way: I'm happy to returned leased equipment, there isn't a fee to return it but you've got to get it to them somehow. It would be nice if we could drop it off at a local retailer. Also, if we don't pull the LBN/switch it would be silly to get charged for it.

There IS a fee to return it. It's called shipping. $15 per label/box/receiver.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know also the LNB had to be returned in that scenario.

I have a question, currently I'm on a contract, I lease one receiver and own the second one. Would it be possible for me to return the leased receiver and substitute it with an owned one?
That way I would be on all owned receivers.

If you tell them it's too dangerous to get the LNB, you do not have to return it.

Yes, you can return the leased receiver and get your own. But why? The fees are still the same. (Unless you are upgrading and don't want to pay Dish, and get into a new 24 month contract)

Dish doesn't charge me a fee to ship them the equipment, unless I want them to pay a shipper to do the work for me.

So, you plan on hand delivering the receivers to their warehouse in El Paso? Even if you don't use Dish labels, you have to pay for shipping, don't you?

So, you plan on hand delivering the receivers to their warehouse in El Paso? Even if you don't use Dish labels, you have to pay for shipping, don't you?

From yesterday: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ay-send-their-equipment-back.html#post2454584

You miss the point that Dish doesn't charge a fee to take their equipment back. They do have an option if you want them to hire a shipper for you. A fee from dish to take their stuff back is one thing, shipping costs are another.

From yesterday: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ay-send-their-equipment-back.html#post2454584

You miss the point that Dish doesn't charge a fee to take their equipment back. They do have an option if you want them to hire a shipper for you. A fee from dish to take their stuff back is one thing, shipping costs are another.

It's a shipping FEE.

It would be ridiculous to think that they might charge an additional fee to take their OWN equipment back. Who thought up that foolish idea?

Mr Zulu said:
I didn't realize that some didn't need one. So how do I know that I needed one in the first place. Maybe that's why I can't find it. I certainly wasn't looking for it while I was taking down the satellite gear.

It looks like a big splitter and has power attached to it. I think a DP44 costs $100.00

I trust you understand that there is a difference between shipping costs and dish charing to take their stuff back. You don't have to pay Dish to have them hire a shipper to send your leased stuff back.

I trust you understand that there is a difference between shipping costs and dish charing to take their stuff back. You don't have to pay Dish to have them hire a shipper to send your leased stuff back.

And you do understand you are trying to justify a shipping charge that Dish charges, by making up a completely non-existent charge to compare it to?

Dish charges a shipping charge of $15 per box to ship your equipment back, OR you can pay your own shipping charges with a different carrier. Either way you have to pay. It's a COST to the customer. If Dish provided return shipping labels, (to recover THEIR equipment that the CUSTOMER paid for upfront, AND again in monthly CHARGES), there would be no COST to return. But they do not.

I'm done on this particular subject.

EDIT - dangue, fixed it for you, so you can't play semantics. No more "fee". The customer pays one way or another.

Last edited:
yaz96 said:
And you do understand you are trying to justify a shipping fee that Dish charges, by making up a completely non-existent charge to compare it to?

Dish charges a shipping charge of $15 per box to ship your equipment back, OR you can pay your own shipping charges with a different carrier. Either way you have to pay. It's a FEE.

I'm done on this particular subject.

His point is that the fee is optional. You don't have to pay dish a dime, just ship it without their air bill. A fee is something that is charged in every instance without a way to get around it. That is not the case here. This is not a fee, rather this is Dish no longer providing a free shipping air bill to canceling customers (this new policy has been in effect for a little over a year now).

What it comes down to is people wanting something for free (the return shipping). Maybe it'd be nice if it worked that way, but it's not. One could argue that Dish is offering a benefit to the departing customer since the $15 for the Dish air bill is cheaper than what an individual would pay to ship the receiver back on their own.

What it comes down to is that everything costs money; and people are dissatisfied with having to bear this cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts