Lost all but 1 of my digital channels

also unplug your converter box then plug it back in . also try connecting the converter box directly to your ant bypasing the amp to make sure it was the amp.
john

I have everything plugged into a power strip, so shutting off the switch (on the power strip) should accomplish the same result as unplugging it. I also connected the converter box directly to the antenna (minus the booster), and did find the booster was dead.

Similar problem

I'm having the same, or at least similar problem up here in central Maine. I used to be able to get 16 digital:angel: channels between Portland, ME and Bangor, ME. Now I get one, CBS channel 13 from Portland. My feeling is that now that the leaves have come out on the trees, many of my signals went bye, bye. Hoping to get my full compliment of channels in the fall, in time for some football.

Trouble shooting

If you were getting 20+ channels and now you are only getting 1 or 2, you either have a bad converter box or the box is not getting a signal. To me it sounds like the antenna is no longer connected and the box is only using the cable to as an antenna. The pre-amp can only work with the signal it gets, and the more distance between it and the antenna. A antenna that has been up for years may very well have lost a connection between it and cable. If you try a new converter box and that does not change things, then you will have to verify that the connection between the antenna and the converter box is solid. The pre-amp should be at the antenna to get its maximum value.

Another thing to consider is when did you lose the other stations. Something happened when the signal was lost, be it a connection or a converter box failing.

Another thing to consider is when did you lose the other stations. Something happened when the signal was lost, be it a connection or a converter box failing.

The only thing I did was shut the power off at the breaker switch to install a ceiling fan, which was also the circuit the tv stuff is on. That shouldn't have caused a problem, so I tend to lean more to the theory that I've lost a solid connection to the antenna.....it's just that I'm not looking forward to doing what it's gonna require to fix it. I guess I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and take down the antenna pole, and see what's the problem. My avatar pic shows the antenna pole...the one I hung my sat dish on, so that means all of that will probably have to come off, and rehung , realigned, & recalibrated...so it's not just the outside tv antenna I'll have to deal with. The pole goes up another 15 ft. above the upper pole bracket pictured here, and I'm not about to try setting up a ladder against the pole to try and climb up and work on it. I know how that will end up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts