Lost all sat signal - diagnostics?

rckol

Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
Wisconsin
I have a 722K EA installation in the Milwaukee with one cable from dish to 722k (OTA module also). Upgrade installation done this spring by Dish subcontractor. One cable from dish to splitter (probably not correct term) at the 722K

2 days ago I had no sat signal (just attempts to acquire sat signals). Removed surge suppressor in sat cable path and signal came back. Next day no signal.

The dish is on the same mast I have used for 10+ years without problem and there were no wind events on these days (or other bad weather).

Are there any worthwhile diagnostics I can do to determine the cause of this before calling in a tech? I do have an analog K-band signal meter left over from the days when I was pointing a K-band dish.

Thanks

I have a 722K EA installation in the Milwaukee with one cable from dish to 722k /SNIP/ Next day no signal.
Are there any worthwhile diagnostics I can do to determine the cause of this before calling in a tech?Thanks

A quick look at your connectors and a check for LNB connectivity/functionality might be in order....
If you run a "check switch", you should either see signal results, or an indication of the 1000.4 system and three "connected" messages, one for each LNB, if there is no satellite signal at all.
The "connected" message should prove connectivity to the LNB (and LNB operation) assembly even if there's no signal (alignment, etc.).
If you get no/funky results from the "check switch" test, look for a connectivity problem (loose connector, etc.).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)