Lost all signals. Please advise.

ksbuie

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
Yesterday I brought home a 50" Samsung Plasma to replace my old 30" Slimline. I was surprised to learn the lines in the Dish guide were actually straight! Everything was working fine. I took my family out for dinner. Before I left I turned on the scrolling to exercise my plasma.

When I returned home the TV was off. (power surge?) I turned it on and the 622 was showing an acquiring signal screen. I pressed the guide button, and it said it was unavailable. I pressed the menu button and the 622 went into a reset sequence.

Does anyone have any idea what happened, and how to fix it?

Dish setup: 1000.4 (61.5, 72, 77), 500+ (118)
Receiver: vip622
Software: L622

Last edited:
Unplug the 622 for a minute and then plug it back in. Then let it go through the complete reboot. That often fixes things.

Ended up being a 311 error. No more HD. Dish is sending out another box. I never really thought about how much my TV viewing habits had been altered by having a DVR until I was without.

Ended up being a 311 error. No more HD. Dish is sending out another box. I never really thought about how much my TV viewing habits had been altered by having a DVR until I was without.

Indeed. I had an hd dvr in my bedroom with Comcast and until I switched to Dish I caught myself trying to rewind live tv in my living room, which is a standard def tv where I didn't have a dvr. Now that I have dvr in both rooms with only one receiver I am a very happy man. This is a definite plus to having Dish Network.