Lost all signals. Please advise.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ksbuie

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
Yesterday I brought home a 50" Samsung Plasma to replace my old 30" Slimline. I was surprised to learn the lines in the Dish guide were actually straight! Everything was working fine. I took my family out for dinner. Before I left I turned on the scrolling to exercise my plasma.

When I returned home the TV was off. (power surge?) I turned it on and the 622 was showing an acquiring signal screen. I pressed the guide button, and it said it was unavailable. I pressed the menu button and the 622 went into a reset sequence.

Does anyone have any idea what happened, and how to fix it?

Dish setup: 1000.4 (61.5, 72, 77), 500+ (118)
Receiver: vip622
Software: L622

Last edited:
Unplug the 622 for a minute and then plug it back in. Then let it go through the complete reboot. That often fixes things.

Ended up being a 311 error. No more HD. Dish is sending out another box. I never really thought about how much my TV viewing habits had been altered by having a DVR until I was without.

Ended up being a 311 error. No more HD. Dish is sending out another box. I never really thought about how much my TV viewing habits had been altered by having a DVR until I was without.

Indeed. I had an hd dvr in my bedroom with Comcast and until I switched to Dish I caught myself trying to rewind live tv in my living room, which is a standard def tv where I didn't have a dvr. Now that I have dvr in both rooms with only one receiver I am a very happy man. This is a definite plus to having Dish Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts