lost all vertical transponders signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

catpishy

Original poster
May 25, 2006
Hello everybody:

I have collsat4000+ looking at galaxy 19; couple of days ago all vertical transponders signals are not coming up even after auto scanning. I don't know whats is going on. Is it LNB, or receiver itself? I did not had this problem before.

Best

If you have a voltage meter, test the voltage on the coax from the receiver at the dish. It should read 13vdc on vertical and 18vcd on horizontal (+/- 10%).

The failure might be either the LNBF, coax, connector or the receiver.

If you are referring to the CBS network feeds, I lost them too! They are Vertical at 4080 on G19. Anyone else notice a signal change on that transponder?

I checked for vertical voltage reads 20.7 volt, I changed the lnb now I only receive one vertical transponder (12.840, V, 22k)out of total 23: I think the receiver gone bad don't you think so?

Best

And what's the voltage when a horizontal transponder is selected? AND are these voltages with the LNBF connected? And is the one transponder you are getting on the polarity you have selected?
>> 12.840 << HUH? Only freqs between 11.7 and 12.2 on that sat.

both H/V voltage shows 21~ volts, LNBF not connected.
that 12.840 V is a typo and it should be 12.084 V but it strangely picks up channels which on galaxy 19 is on transponder 11.842 H which at the moment not showing any channels for that transponder.
Very strange!!

Best
And what's the voltage when a horizontal transponder is selected? AND are these voltages with the LNBF connected? And is the one transponder you are getting on the polarity you have selected?
>> 12.840 << HUH? Only freqs between 11.7 and 12.2 on that sat.

An LNBF will pull around 100 ma.
If you read 21v with the LNB attached, then maybe the regulator in your receiver has failed.
There are two other current threads with the same problem, but different receiver.
I'd suggest you consult those threads for suggestions.
It might be as simple as replacing a $3 regulator.

If I have misunderstood your symptoms, sorry.

Think you have the LO incorrectly now set to 9750. Think you need to change it to Standard and LO 10750. That would explain why you see channels that are actually on 11842 at 12840. (typo or is that what the receiver says??) You may have had a universal LNBF that uses 9750(22khz off) and 10600(22khz on) L.O. and now replaced with a standard???
12840 -11842 = 998 + 9750 = 10748 (10750) 2mhz error is within normal error limits.

For Vertical transponders the LNBF requires under (nominally) 14v
For Horizontal, LNBF's require above 15 volts.
So if your voltage is high, you should be seeing horizontals only. (unless you've installed the LNBF 'twisted' or skewed 90°)
Really should check the LNB voltage under load. Make a short jumper with one side of the coax cut away to expose the center conductor. Place inline with the LNBF, and measure voltage at the center conductor.

I deleted all transponders and add all of them again and as I was adding them I made typo and entered 12840 instead of 12084 but after scanning manual it picked channels on 12840 v and shows it on transponder list (yellow bottom on remote).
I will check the voltage with LNBF attached later (seams it's going to rain here). right now I only see channels on 12840 v and nothere H/V xponders!

Best
Think you have the LO incorrectly now set to 9750. Think you need to change it to Standard and LO 10750. That would explain why you see channels that are actually on 11842 at 12840. (typo or is that what the receiver says??) You may have had a universal LNBF that uses 9750(22khz off) and 10600(22khz on) L.O. and now replaced with a standard???
12840 -11842 = 998 + 9750 = 10748 (10750) 2mhz error is within normal error limits.

For Vertical transponders the LNBF requires under (nominally) 14v
For Horizontal, LNBF's require above 15 volts.
So if your voltage is high, you should be seeing horizontals only. (unless you've installed the LNBF 'twisted' or skewed 90°)
Really should check the LNB voltage under load. Make a short jumper with one side of the coax cut away to expose the center conductor. Place inline with the LNBF, and measure voltage at the center conductor.

It's been a week. Any progress?
Really, nothing matters until the voltages are correct at the LNBF, under load.
When they read right and switch correctly for H & V, then proceed with your scanning. - ;)

iPhone 4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)