lost anik F1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lawless

Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
I have just setup DSR315 with a with a 75cm dish. Everything was working fine until I had to unplug the receiver for a minute. Now I cant get a signal from anik f1. Any help would be appreciated.

CBC Montreal is 302; CTV Montreal is 312 - so you indeed have a problem. There are 2 types of 75cm dishes out there - stacked and nonstacked.

The nonstacked dish has builtin LNBF/multiswitch. It has connections for 4 receivers.

The stacked version has external multiswitch. There are 2 wires (1 from each LNBF) running to the multiswitch. If you have this unit, you may have the F1 LNBF hooked up to the F2 (22khz) input on the multiswitch. It should be hooked up to the 0 khz input.

sounds like the channelmap is screwed up.. I would try unplugging the receiver for 10-15 minutes, and plug it back in, do not change channels, just leave the receiver on either 284, or 299, whichever it lets you tune to.

if it does not fix itself after about 15-20 minutes, you may need to do a factory reset, and then a rehit from starchoice.

Press Option 6-7-7-8.
Wait 30 seconds.
Turn on your receiver and set it to channel 284 for 1 minute.
Set your receiver to channel 299 and call Star Choice for a rehit.

When you said in your intial post that "everything was working fine"; I assume that you were receiving all the channels that you are subscribed to.

Did you pull the power cord from the receiver before disconnecting the RF cable to it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)