Lost categories in my Guide list

Status
Please reply by conversation.

underscore

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
With all the new HD channels, I finally went in and assigned my favorites so I wouldn't have to deal with tuning to the SD channel, then one-upping to get to the HD channel.

Great. But now, when I press the guide button, the only option I have is for my favorites. I lost all the other categories. The first day with the favorites assigned, this wasn't an issue.

This sound familiar to anyone?

Help me out here a little... you're hitting guide once and the filter list comes up, but you only see the "all channels in favorites 1 list" option?

Or are you saying that it goes straight to the grid with your favorites when it used to go to the filter list?

If it's #1, a receiver reset should fix it.

If it's #2, there is a setting in the menu (I think it's Menu > Help & Settings > Setup > Display to get there). I can't remember exactly what it's called, but the option you would be on is "Grid Guide first" - you want the other one.

mine changed a while back... hit guide once and it goes to the guide... hit it again it goes to the category thing

mine changed a while back... hit guide once and it goes to the guide... hit it again it goes to the category thing

That's because in the last software update they added a feature that lets you choose whether you want to go to the grid first or the filter list, and they defaulted it to going to the grid.

Follow the instructions in my previous post if you want to change it back to go to the filters first.

There was also an issue last week where some people were seeing only one available filter ("all channels"), which is why I asked about that. From what I've heard (and experienced - had it on one of mine), resetting the receiver fixes it.

I'm going to jump off a ledge and guess this is on an H20 (-100 maybe?). For some reason the guide filters remove themselves a lot. Mine too dissapeard when I configured it for the HD feeds in my favs.

No worries though, a simple restart did the trick. Now if only there was a way to change the default behavior on the H20 to pull up the actual guide listing first. I've looked and haven't found the setting.

I thought the H20 had the same option as the HR20, but I could be wrong....

It should be Menu > Help & Settings > Setup > Display > Grid Guide First

I have an Hr29-700 and have the same problem. Started out with Guide showing ALL CHANNELS, NEWS CHANNELS, MUSIC CHANNELS, etc. I set up 2 custom guides and now only get the one set up instead of all the rest. One day they all came back but disappeared when I made a change to one of my CUSTOM guides.

I have an Hr29-700 and have the same problem. Started out with Guide showing ALL CHANNELS, NEWS CHANNELS, MUSIC CHANNELS, etc. I set up 2 custom guides and now only get the one set up instead of all the rest. One day they all came back but disappeared when I made a change to one of my CUSTOM guides.

Not sure why, but this does keep happening to some folks. From what I have seen, a receiver reset fixes it.

As I have mentioned previously, you can set it up to skip these filters altogether if you want to.

One of the cutting edge releases added a "grid guide first" option. I have the latest CE release on my H20-100 and when I press the guide button it brings up the guide first. I'm not sure when the latest CE release will go national, however.

I'm hoping that at least 1 of the 100 models gets a CE soon. I am waiting to play (and test) some new software. I'm hoping that something will fix the pixelation effect that comes up occasionally on both 100 boxes. A reset fixes it, but that's 9 minutes of a show missed.

My fiance would love to see the H20-100 have the Guide First option added so she doesn't get confused when she uses the HR20-100.

I meant option 1, when I hit guide, the only item I see is "favorites", not other categories.

The reset fixed it, thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)