New D* install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cwbuckley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
EL Paso
Just thought that I would say a few things about my install this morning. The tech called around 7 this morning and was at my place by 7:30. Everything with the install went ok. The receivers that I got were the HR20 and the H20. So far no problems. It would appear that I am getting all of my HD channels. The only problem that I had with the installer was that he would not hookup the OTA. He would have had to run a new line and said that was not his job and it may not have been, but I thought it would have been nice if he would have do it for me. As a result I had to go out and buy an OTA indoor antenna. I bought the cheapest thing they had and I get a great picture. The D* receivers don't have an ota meter like E* so I really can't tell how strong a signal I am getting. Like I said, it looks good. I have setup the recorder to record some program to see if that all works like it is suppose to. The HD picture is really great.

I did notice that some of the sports channels I watch on E* are in the sports package. CSTV is one of them, FSW is another one. Oh well, I guess one can't have everything.

All and all I am very pleased.

I have two hr20's and they both show the ota signal meter if it is hooked up to the back of your reciever

the ota signal meter on mine is under sat and ant, then edit off air channels

Thanks, I found it, its just that it doesn't come up on the screen as your changing channels like it does on E*. I am getting a screen signal on CBS and that is the ota channel that I watch mostly.

If you go to menu-help&settings-setup-satellite-repeat guided setup, there will be a selection for satellite&antana instead of just satellite. If you pick that your OTA will be on the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts