Lost Comcast Sports Net Bay Area HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

doublespiral

Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Mexico
Howdy folks, I'm not very savvy with regard to this stuff, so please keep that in mind. The more basic the answers, the more likely I'll understand it. So I have a DISH setup in Baja Mexico with two 6' dishes - one pointed to 119 and the other to 129. I used to get CSNBA in HD fine (channel 419 HD which I think is also listed as 5419). Then, a month or so ago, I noticed that it stopped showing up on my program guide, though the regular SD was still there. The HD version seems to be on satellite 129 transponder 27 (according to the Sat Guys list - Dish Transponder Map) and the SD version is on 119. I didn't have time to check into it before leaving for a month, but when I returned, the problem had disappeared channel 419 in HD had returned. Now I've noticed that it has disappeared again and I'm trying to troubleshoot the situation. In checking the Point Dish feature, I notice that only the upper transponders seem to get signal. Starting at transponder 17 or so on satellite 129, I get solid signal strength in the 40s and it can lock on to the name of the satellite. The signal for transponder 27, the one where CSNBA HD supposedly resides, is fine. Below transponder 17 or 16 - from transponder 1 to the mid-teens - I gets zero signal, not even the red bar. If I try tuner 2, it occasionally gives me the red bar and then says Wrong Satellite. I can't say for sure that I've ever received signal for those transponders as I haven't ever checked before. I did a Check Switch and everything seems to be fine. I get green OKs for both tuners on both dishes. The switch is a DPP44. The receiver is a ViP722k. There are a couple of other channels listed for this transponder (9569, 9572, 9576) that do come in and one (9566) that doesn't. Anyone have any ideas why I would be losing this channel intermittently? I don't notice losing any other channels, but these handful of channels may be the only ones on that transponder and I'm not tuning into any of the rest of them regularly, so I'v enever noticed if they come and go as well. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you, Erik

Brief return

Mysteriously, the HD version of this channel returned on Monday night - and I was lucky enough to watch the Giants win in 14 innings. Today CSNBA HD has once again disappeared from my channel guide. The SD version continues to be available. Has anyone else ever experienced anything comparable? I really have no idea what whimsy controls whether the channel comes in in HD or only SD. Thanks is advance!

These HD RSN channels are temporary, only uplinked and turned on when they are broadcasting a game in HD, therefore they will be intermittent.

Dish has many more RSN's than it has TP space for, therefore they can broadcast none of these in HD full time.

It is not your problem, that's just the way it is.

Thanks for your response, Jim. In the past, I had always been able to see the HD channel listed in my channel guide. Usually the programming on 419 HD mirrored that on 419 SD, though they didn't carry everything that was shown on the SD channel (but they did have a lot of it). I could use the guide to skip forward to future dates and set my DVR to record upcoming episodes. When there wasn't programming on the channel, there would be Muzak and a generic Dish graphic with a football, basketball, baseball and hockey puck that said "Check back to see if your team is playing in HD." In fact, prior to the earlier disappearance of the channel, I had set the DVR to record the games for the upcoming week. I knew the game was on, but noticed that the DVR didn't have the red light on signifying it was recording. I turned on the TV and sure enough the HD version of channel 419 had disappeared. Checking the schedule of shows programmed to record on the DVR, I noticed that none of the coming weeks games were scheduled to record anymore. Losing the channel in the guide wiped out the list of games to record in the future. Currently, the HD channel appears intermittently - I get it for a day or two and then it disappears for a couple of days. I haven't figured out the pattern. I'm sure that there have been games in HD when the channel hasn't been showing up on my system. I'm still mystified as to why. And why it comes and goes. Very odd. (I'm also mystified as to why this forum doesn't allow me to put in paragraph breaks. Sorry for the long blocks of text. I am breaking up the text into paragraphs, but when I preview or post, the forum software is omitting the line breaks and running all sentences together.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)