Lost fringe OTA channels after update.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

russ1150

Original poster
May 16, 2004
:mad: Hi, since the update I cannot get several channels that I received before the update. I guess when they updated the program any fringe channels under a signal level of under 80 cannot get opened. Prior to the update I could get the channels but they might pixelate some but be OK to watch. Now they appear to be locked out. Is there a way to lower the sigtnal strength so that I can get these OTA stations again?

Actually the OTA signal scale has changed since version 5.68. Signal 80, is not the same as 80 before the update.

As for those channels that you have lost, are they in the map?
What signal strength and quality are you getting for them now?

Ilya, the lost channels are in the Map and are some are in the 70/79 range and some in the 60/69 range, I think, because I cannot identify which "lost" channels are which on the "RF" identifier but I am pretty sure they are the higher powered signals.
Thanks, Russ

russ1150 said:
Ilya, the lost channels are in the Map and are some are in the 70/79 range and some in the 60/69 range, I think, because I cannot identify which "lost" channels are which on the "RF" identifier but I am pretty sure they are the higher powered signals.
Thanks, Russ
Russ, you don't have to use the Installation Wizard to check the signal strength (or know the RF number for that matter). You can do it through System Status screens instead. Just switch to an OTA channel and press HELP+INFO+OK, wait a second or two and then press Down navigation key twice. You will see the OTA signal quality and OTA signal strength/SNR readings for your currently selected channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)