Lost functionality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
Wow, I just tried to assemble an informative thread with links to old pictures and threads in the forum. Can't do that anymore :( What happened to all my pics in the Gallery? Been trying to use the Bookmark features but that setup is so stupid it will never catch on. The forum seems to have gone downhill in a hurry lately :(

Reactions: Titanium
Actually a lot of people are using bookmarks, sorry you can't figure it out.

I took out the gallery feature around 2 months ago as no one was using it so no reason to renew our license. When I launched it I announced that it was a trial and could go away. Since you are the first person to mention it being gone since I removed it 2 months ago, that tells you how often that feature was used.

Not happy here may I suggest DBStalk? :)

Magic Static has been a very active daily participating member and pub supporter of SatelliteGuys for years. He was trying to make this a better forum and put together scattered information and photos to help other members with their projects. Yes, maybe his post was "too truthful" about the loss of the gallery or the way the bookmarks feature is implemented or how it works. In my opinion the response in a support subforum should be to assist, not to tell someone "sorry you can't figure it out" and to go find a new forum.

A few of us noticed that Magic Static hadn't posted or even signed in during the past week. Then I remembered reading this thread and thinking how rudely I thought he had been treated and thought, oh no!

I called him last night because I was concerned that he might be having health complications after a recent procedure. No, he had decided to take a break from a place that he felt his presence and efforts to help others were unwelcome.

I know it is risky to not side with the owner and those of you who liked his reply, but I should have posted this the moment that I read the reply.

Yes, I also get frustrated sometimes and post something that in hindsight, I wish I could retract. I don't believe the answer is to tell members to find a new home.

Magic Static, I too have been frustrated and sometimes outright pissed-off by the loss of contributions, features and functions as the forum evolves. It is what it is and we either roll with it or chance the repercussions if we challenge the changes. You are welcome here and missed! I appreciate the countless hours you have participated in helping others and for making this a fun place to be a member!

Now could someone point me to the bookmarks FAQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts