Lost Glorystar software

domando1069

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
I have the Mercury II reciever, and my son rescanned the channels and showed us the other free channels that he got. I asked him to put it back to the way it was setup. Not sure what he did, but all we have is a lot of other stuff and the function of pressing 2020 is gone.
What can I do to get it back? Thanks in advance

:confused:

Scanning for FTA channels will not remove Glorystar firmware. The only way to eliminate Glorystar firmware is to install a new firmware file.

If the Glorystar logo is still in the lower right corner of the menu, the firmware is still installed and the functions can be restored.

Press Menu
Select Factory Reset, Press OK two times
When prompted with "ARE YOU SURE?" select YES, Press OK
When the language menu appears, Press OK
Select Factory Reset, Press OK one time
Enter 1010
When prompted with "DO YOU WANT TO LOAD SPECIAL DATA?" select YES, Press OK

Glorystar data will be reloaded.

Scanning for FTA channels will not remove Glorystar firmware. The only way to eliminate Glorystar firmware is to install a new firmware file.

If the Glorystar logo is still in the lower right corner of the menu, the firmware is still installed and the functions can be restored.

Press Menu
Select Factory Reset, Press OK two times
When prompted with "ARE YOU SURE?" select YES, Press OK
When the language menu appears, Press OK
Select Factory Reset, Press OK one time
Enter 1010 When prompted with "DO YOU WANT TO LOAD SPECIAL DATA?" select YES, Press OK

Glorystar data will be reloaded.
Would be 2020 if you have the dual LNB (sounds like you do in OP).
Bob

Not good
My son had his friend over to try and fix it, and he did a software upgrade, he said he does dish network free to air, and thats what you have to do to fix it, is to upgrade software. Thanks to all

:mad:

"he does dish network free to air "
Sounds like you have a problem on your hands - namely someone who is doing something they shouldn't be doing :(

If you cannot get the glorystar firmware back, then you can certainly download the latest firmware from the manufacturer and reflash it with the appropriate cable. Then you'll have to rescan the satellite info and remove anything that you don't want to have listed in your channel list. Of course you'll lose the ability to get any epg or satellite updates specifically designed for the Glorystar receiver, but at least it will work and not have any "mysterious" software installed.

lumpkin666
Thanks for all the help I have someone coming over, and thats what he said, he will put the factory file in my machine, then he said he will rescan and take out the unwanted channels. Thanks to all P.S, I have one used son for sale, comes complete with his on friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bonus points if you call 800-333-3474 and report the address of where the friend lives. They would definitely be interested.

pepper

I think the OP had received all the extra channels on IA5 & AMC4 that they didnt want (ie: all the ethnic channels) :)
and not just the stock Glorystar channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts