Lost HD Channels on the Big Island, Hawaii

Dennis Brown

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
This morning I noticed that some of the HD channels I had recently acquired were missing. This includes the Golf Channel, WGN and a bunch of others.

Has anyone else in Hawaii had this problem.

Dennis

This morning I noticed that some of the HD channels I had recently acquired were missing. This includes the Golf Channel, WGN and a bunch of others.

Has anyone else in Hawaii had this problem.

Dennis

Have you reset your receiver or done a Check Switch test since that happened? They did some package flag stuff today according to the uplink report.

No problems in Alaska.

Are these the 5520-5534 channels? There was an uplink today for these which made no sense since we already get them. Maybe a call to Dish for a rehit?

I spent an hour with a Dish CSR and we tried to get the HD channels back. The CSR was unable to do it and apologized. Oh well, Dish giveth and Dish Taketh away.

I spent an hour with a Dish CSR and we tried to get the HD channels back. The CSR was unable to do it and apologized. Oh well, Dish giveth and Dish Taketh away.

Took me a few minutes to figure out why it unexpectedly recorded an hour of espn news with no sign of it in the schedule. Of course it was my timer on Bravo that no longer exits. :confused:

Then I saw your thread here :(

I'm scheduled for an HD upgrade on Saturday to get the 110/119/129 (Hawaii Gold?) package. Maybe that will solve the problem.