Cant get smart card authorized

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
My parents had a 311 model in the guest room get fried by lighning and got it replaced with an older 2800. For some reason the smart card wont authorize. I have been online with E* chat. They said they resent the auth signal. I did the normal pull out and reinsert smart card thing, unplug and wait,, ect. I get the guide info for the channels that they sub to, but when you tune to the channel the info banner pops up then it says your smart card is nto currently authorized to view or purchase this channel. Any ideas? The free preview channels come in fine, and all other receivers are working as they should

If a mod wants to move this to the technical forum, thats fine with me. Sorry that I didnt post it there to begin with:up

Are you saying you're trying to get the new purple smart card meant for the 311 to work in the 2800? That won't work. Cards are "married" to their intended receivers before they're sent out.

I'm not even sure the 2800 will work with the new "purple" system.

Are you saying you're trying to get the new purple smart card meant for the 311 to work in the 2800? That won't work. Cards are "married" to their intended receivers before they're sent out.

I'm not even sure the 2800 will work with the new "purple" system.
No it is the card that came with the box. Not the new ones. As of now, that account hasnt been issued the new cards. According to tech support, the card it has SHOULD work. But it hasnt so far

If it's purple, then we can assume the 2800 is still supported. If it's not purple, and I assume that's what you mean by "not the new ones" then it'll only work for a short time, if at all. Might be time to play CSR roulette. Or suspect that the 2800 is toast. 301s and 311s are cheap.

If it's purple, then we can assume the 2800 is still supported. If it's not purple, and I assume that's what you mean by "not the new ones" then it'll only work for a short time, if at all. Might be time to play CSR roulette. Or suspect that the 2800 is toast. 301s and 311s are cheap.
Well, we have another 2800 on a different account that works fine, with the same type card, so as of now they are good. I am not sure the card series, I do know it is a yellow one.

Yeah, I started to get another 311 to replace that one with, but this one was free. So I went with this for them.

Price is right. All I can think of now is to try to auth it online, which has never worked for me, or to call yet another CSR. Good luck.

Well, I got a chance to check it again, unplugged it (again) and when it rebooted, it was working

You may have need to download new software, if the receiver had been sitting somewhere it may have had old software.
It will be done automatically, regardless of his intention and our advises.

His task is to check when he will get and check what is last version at Dishportal - search for 'current software' - Dish changing location of the SW pages often.

Yeah, from what I can gather, the software was out of date. In any case, its all working well now

Thanks for the help guys:up

Reminds me of the 721, especially in the early days. First day was always flaky. After about 3 days it settled down.

Update, and continuation

The new cards (purple) for this account came in and all of them worked fine, except for this receiver.

It keeps saying smart card not properly inserted. Any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)