Cant get smart card authorized

There is nothing simple about his suggestion unless you are really good at soldering.

If it worked with the yellow card and does not with the purple card try the yellow card again. If it works, the card slot ISO..... is ok.

You may have to really push the new purple card in hard to make it work.

Actually, some peons did gentle contact bending; so in some case it's doable and no soldering required.

Don't push hard new card !!! You could damage the connector beyond easy repair.

By opening the cover you could watch how the card slide in and how two contacts at back line disconnecting.

There is nothing simple about his suggestion unless you are really good at soldering.

If it worked with the yellow card and does not with the purple card try the yellow card again. If it works, the card slot ISO..... is ok.

You may have to really push the new purple card in hard to make it work.
The yellow card worked fine.

The purple says not inserted correctly, no matter how many times, or how softly I put it in. I will try it harder in the morning.

Actually, some peons did gentle contact bending; so in some case it's doable.

Don't push new card hard !!! You could damage the connector beyond easy repair.

By opening the cover you could watch how the card slide in and how two contacts at back line disconnecting.
Ok, thanks for the tip

OK.
First step - could you remove a cover ?
Second - can you make a picture of internal board after that ?
I am sure I could.

Sorry. Backtracked on the thread after responding to other posts

Picture [macro] of the slot with inserted card alone would be more useful.
I will TRY to do that tomorrow. I have never taken one of these things apart, but I am sure it is not that difficult. Correct? A screw here, one there.

Yeah, a few on a back, then slide it toward front side.
Ok, I figured.

Appreciate it. I will do that tomorrow if I get a chance.

Everyone else think it requires this? Or any other suggestions?

oh god, before you even do that, check and see what software you have on this receiver, if it isn't latest software, the purple card won't work period. current software is 886P, if you have a lower number, it's not going to work until it is updated. so go to menu 6,1,3 and see what software you have, if not correct, visit this link and choose symptom "software upgrading":

Tech Portal : 2800