Lost Locks Help

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
I appreciate your help. I am having severe lost locks. When I run system info the 129 box is read. When I go to the point dish, 129 shows good strength between 40 and 50. When I run a check switch everything shows normal. What is going on?

S~

Firstly, i live around Sac too, so i know it's not severe weather or anything as we are having an indian summer.
I am getting it occasionally, mainly when flipping/scrolling channels - get the lost lock but it comes back almost immediately or it comes back after flipping channels a bit more. But i just assumed that was 129 and so i had to live with it. The other obvious question is leaves on the dish, but im sure you have already checked all the obvious stuff.

Thx,

I have done everything I know. All of my other receivers are fine. You having issues w/sat locals here, also?

This is what I've done. I've had 113 lost locks in the past 48 hours. When I run sys info, I get a red box on 129. When I go to point dish, the sat signal for 129 is between 40 and 50 depending on the transponder. When I run check switch, both inputs show as being fine. I replaced the DPP separator and that didn't change anything. I brought my 622 from upstairs and hooked it up and it checked out OK when I did the sys info check. I hooked the other 622 back up after being unhooked for 1/2 an hour and it is still acting the same way.

S~

What are yall talking about on all this Lost Lock stuff? I found it in the Diagnostics window, item number 12 on one of my 722s. It says 26 : 28. What does that mean? Thanks for the help.

Well after 24 hours it locks back onto 129. I know it's not alignment, because my signal strngth on 129 is between 40 and 54 depending on the transponder. It's got to be something in the box.

S~

Thx,

I have done everything I know. All of my other receivers are fine. You having issues w/sat locals here, also?

This is what I've done. I've had 113 lost locks in the past 48 hours. When I run sys info, I get a red box on 129. When I go to point dish, the sat signal for 129 is between 40 and 50 depending on the transponder. When I run check switch, both inputs show as being fine. I replaced the DPP separator and that didn't change anything. I brought my 622 from upstairs and hooked it up and it checked out OK when I did the sys info check. I hooked the other 622 back up after being unhooked for 1/2 an hour and it is still acting the same way.

S~

Sounds definitely like the receiver.

Hey Scott - I was having a real boatload of trouble with my 622 in terms of losing Sat reception on 110 (which is where our HD locals are, right?). I narrowed it down to a Sat Tuner 1 problem (2 was OK) but it was turning into a disruptive situation and Dish wasn't much help. Decided to upgrade to a 722 and no more issues.

I noticed that 110 T18 which is our HD local spotbeam is pretty weak even for a regular transponder, let alone a spotbeam at my location here in Auburn. That may have exacerbated the issue as well. Like I said, new box fixed it and factoring in a potential service call cost for the 622, I'm out maybe ~$50 for the upgrade after rebate.

Cheers,

Doug

Charles, in simple terms as i am simple person , it's the receiver thinking the signal from the sat has been lost, i.e the "lock" on the satellite.
As you can see form this thread it can be caused by any number of issues, including other line of sight, bad weather, tree's etc,

Charles, in simple terms as i am simple person , it's the receiver thinking the signal from the sat has been lost, i.e the "lock" on the satellite.
As you can see form this thread it can be caused by any number of issues, including other line of sight, bad weather, tree's etc,

Thanks. So what does it mean in the Diagnostics window, item number 12 on one of my 722s. It says 26 : 28?

Thanks. So what does it mean in the Diagnostics window, item number 12 on one of my 722s. It says 26 : 28?

Charles,

This lost locks diagnostics field used to be reliable but not anymore. They broke it several software updates ago and I just ignore now.

It's basically what gbjbany said, it means that the receiver lost signal and that used to mean problems in your setup. But like I said, they broke it several software updates ago and it's not reliable anymore. All receivers as far as I know show the lost locks now. My receivers used to show 0 locks all the time. :(

Charles,

This lost locks diagnostics field used to be reliable but not anymore. They broke it several software updates ago and I just ignore now.

It's basically what gbjbany said, it means that the receiver lost signal and that used to mean problems in your setup. But like I said, they broke it several software updates ago and it's not reliable anymore. All receivers as far as I know show the lost locks now. My receivers used to show 0 locks all the time. :(

OK, thanks

Charles,

Same here, it's useless. I noticed that it's more likely happening with alot of timers firing and being in single mode.