lost music channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

krisman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
tn
has anyone else lost their music channels, like rock and country, r and b, classics. all of the good stations? mine now has a dollar sign and wont pick it up

yes i think it is 97w, intelsat 5 i think. they either went to pay channels, or scrambled. what do i have to do to unscramble them?

I have those radio channels on my receiver and they are pay (encrypted) channels. The only way to get them is to pay for the service.

There are some radio channels that carry quality listening but not on that satellite and there isn't very many of them at that.

well i mean they were all coming in good until this morning and they have the dollar sign in front of them. any other good music channels out there?

I have experienced this from time to time, they must be inprocess of changing encryption and for a few hours or so they come in the clear. But everytime I ever checked these channels on 97W they were always encrypted for me.

I will do some reaserch on the good radio channels, there isn't very many only a hand few that I care to listen to. And if I recall corectly they are scattered on several different sats.

Sorry Krisman, after looking through my channel list I noticed my favorites list and only 3 radio channels, and they are City FM radio station broadcasts that they also put up on KU band satellite.

I thought there were more and then realized that they are on C-band, and I got them in using my DSR920 receiver as these are all digicipher II broadcasts. I new there was another reason to hang onto that old receiver other than planning on using it to drive a BUD once I get one.

has anyone else lost their music channels, like rock and country, r and b, classics. all of the good stations? mine now has a dollar sign and wont pick it up

Those channels come and go. Right now they are gone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)