Lost my Locals..Did Los Angeles move ?

eddiew

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 15, 2004
Lost my Los Angeles Locals. Trying to figure out if its an equipment problem or not. Are they now spot beamed ? I don't actually live in L.A.
Thanks.

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 28, 2005
wouldnt it actually be "I lost the LA locals" because...

LOL, that was what I was thinking.

Personally I have no sympathy for anyone who chose to "move" and now have lost the locals they "moved" to. But that may just be me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 28, 2005
I'm not really looking for sympathy ! Just answers. THANKS

I wasn't meaning you specifically (which is why I didn't use your post to quote) I meant anyone in general, because there are a whole lot of people out there who tried to play the game, and now the view of the game has changed...

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Personally I have no sympathy for anyone who chose to "move" and now have lost the locals they "moved" to. But that may just be me.

I have no issues with people moving. But its the ones who piss and moan because they lose "their" channels because Dish spotbeamed them

Ya better move closer then ;)

southcoastHD

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 1, 2006
California
I too lost my LA Locals...but only the HD versions...the SD channels are still up and running in the 8000 range. I get my local/locals through OTA but I need more news programming from the Big City than my rural stations (3 of them) can provide. I'd miss my news over losing LA HD.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
I also had the LA locals and I am on the east coast, but its no biggie to me I knew it was coming sooner or later. Maybe Directv has a locals only package...then I might be moving to rural West Virginia!! LOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)