Lost Odd Transponders on Tuner 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
I had a lighting storm last night and I lost the odd transponders on all 3 sats on tuner 1. Tuner 2 is fine. I switched out the LNB and got the same thing. I also swithed cables with the same results. Its a Series 2 tivo with a drive upgrade from weeknees. Any one know what I can do? Sorry, I did do a search first and couldnt find anything.
Thanks People.

If all transponders work on tuner 2 and it's the same cable run as you used with tuner 1, then the lnbs are fine, it is the tuner that is bad, have the unit repaired or replaced.

Thanks

Can you recommend a repair site?
Thanks for the quick reply.

I would pay for the protection plan directv has, and see if they will swap it out for you, activate the protection plan then wait a day or two and see what they do!

I'm not sure that would work for me. I have moved and I'm not sure they would send the new one to my billing address.

stuart628 said:
I would pay for the protection plan directv has, and see if they will swap it out for you, activate the protection plan then wait a day or two and see what they do!

He will have to wait 30 days after activating the protection plan (the 31st day) before making a claim.

sounds like you need to buy a new reciever then, its kinda one of those things were you "beating" the system is going to get you screwed cause your not playing by the rules (I am not saying your wrong, just getting you to realize the position your in) I would be checking ebay for a new directivo!

no I am sorry maybe someone else can, but truthfully your probably going to run up costs that you could get a new one for I would think..I dont know how much it is to do all the upgrades you got, but really 50-75 will get you a new one on ebay!
hang tight and hope someone knows a place that will fix them, but your whole board inside the machine could be shot.

jguy said:
you cant recommend a place that will fix it?

Do what stuart said about buying a new one from eBay, because, frankly, if you try to get it repaired, it's going to be a ultra pain in the ass finding a qualified, reasonably priced/quick repair shop.

damaged said:
Do what stuart said about buying a new one from eBay, because, frankly, if you try to get it repaired, it's going to be a ultra pain in the ass finding a qualified, reasonably priced/quick repair shop.

thats what I was thinking, someone is going to repair it, but at what cost! thanks damaged for backing me up!

Do you have a multi-switch? If so, replace this. This exact same thing happened to me about month ago.

I think the Multiswitch is built into the LNB. I tried another LNB, same result.

Status
Please reply by conversation.