lost remote control

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

acuevas

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Orange County
Hi All,

I lost my remote for a Viewsat Extreme receiver. Can I use a universal remote for this unit? Can a Coolsat remote somehow be programed to work with this unit? It would certainly make the programming of the unit easier. Thanks.

Last edited:
I bought my coolsat5000 at a flea market with no controller. I went to walmart bought an rca universal remote on the back it even said works with coolsat. It does work but I cannot even set the time on the box with it. So as Lak says its best to buy the original remote

You might be able to get a JP1 remote and find a file for that sat. I know there are some other JP1 folks on here that might be able to chime in with a little more info (gotta run and put the kids to bed right now!).

I just checked JP1 Remotes :: Index and they have an RM file for the viewsat extreme 2000. Is that the same thing? If so, you can get an inexpensive JP1 remote (you can probably google for a good place to get one) and use it for multiple devices. I have an older one I bought at Wal-Mart for $15 (OneForAll 8810, I think). Basically, if you have a device that uses an IR remote, the remote can be programed to run it. They are great remotes!!!

I am a JP1er. I can say it worked for me, on my SonicView, using the SV1000 upgrade, and my URC8910 remote. Of course, I do have the benefit of the original remote to fall back on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)