lost signal from 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Marty43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
Ogdensburg NY, Winter Haven Fl.
About a month ago I upgraded with Dish and removed an 811 receiver and went to a 411 receiver. I also own a 301 for a second receiver.
The Dish installer removed my legacy Twin lnb on my dish 500 and installed a Dishpro twin Plus. He then installed a dish 500 pointed at 61.5 with a single Dishpro lnb. Its cable runs back to the twin lnb. The switch is in the twin.

Everything has been fine for a month. On Sunday am, I was watching ESPN2HD and lost all signal from 61.5. The weather was clear and sunny. I was unable to receive any channel on 61.5. I could receive all channels on 110 and 119. After checking signal strength, I had zero from 61.5, I did a power on reset. Nothing helped no signal from 61.5. After running check switch 61.5 was gone.

I called dish support and talked to a trouble shooter, he eventually had me remove both cables coming from my dish, the one to the 301 and the one to the 411, with them powered up. After leaving them off about a minute he had me install both again. After doing a check switch, 61.5 worked fine again. He told me he did a electronic reset to the lnb.

I read a lot of stuff on this forum, but I don't think I have ever heard of this procedure before. What did he do and is this likely to happen again. He told me if it happened again I could do the same procedure, or call back to Dish, I could have a bad LNB.

Everything has been fine since.

Next time it happens just unplug the receivers from the wall usually that is easier than unscrewing coax cables. The Sw64 and DPP44 and DPP Twin occasionally get a bug and you need to reset them, nothing new on DISH. I should add the DP34 also, what you are doing is removing the power and clearing the switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)