Lost Signal Screen "Popping Up"

cummingsje

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Haven't seen this issue in recent threads and wondered if anyone else was experiencing it. I have a 722K and within the past couple of weeks I've been getting random lost satellite signal errors. A simple guide button press gets rid of the error but it is starting to get a little aggrevating. I've got good signal strengths on 110, 119 and 61.5 so I'm just curious what the issue may be (current software?).

Yeah, I'm having the same problem intermittently on both of my 622's. It doesn't appear to be a signal strength issue with my receivers either. I'm using a 1000.2 dish and the "Lost signal" error randomly lists different transponders on different birds. It is really getting aggravating.

Thanks! I will keep an eye on it. I do have a propensity to scan for new channels every so often. On a side note - I live near Flint, MI and the other day after scanning I picked up a station from Buffalo, NY and another from Green Bay, WI. Even "as the crow flies" that's a pretty good distance. I have noticed most stations "ramping up" their wattage since the digital transition.

I've actually seen this issue first hand. I was working on the antenna trying to dial in our idiotic CBS station that decided to go back to channel 9 at low power for the final transition. I had the signal locked in barely. As soon as I toyed with the antenna sometimes I would get a 129 signal lost screen. I was like "What!? I'm no where near my dish! And it is clear skies" Several members had the same issue especially with the 722k with the dual OTA tuners. It's a lost signal of course...but not a satellite signal...it's the OTA one. Tune the tuners to strong signals and the problem will go away.

I will definitely try to keep the "strong" ota stations tuned. Thanks for the info!!

Good at least I not alone on this, same thing happening to me but with a 622 but I was getting it from all sat 119/110/61.5. I thought I did something to the dish system while installing my new FTA motorized dish system. I said "Now What?"

Musher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)