Lost some channels on G19

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shakib

Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
California
Hi Iceberg,

One of my friends had a problem with his FTA receiver, there was no signal, I have changed the LNB for him, the quality was very low, so played with the dish and played with the receiver as well. But now the problem is, I can't lock two channels he had before. I have the same receiver, mine is working fine, but I checked all the setting (Antenna Setup and TPs), they are all the same, but still can't lock those channels.

The receiver is Pansat 2500A
LNB Type Standard KU 10750
LNB Local-Freq: 11929 (in my receiver, but when i use 10750, i need to change the Frequency as well)
Frequencies: 13108 V 22000 (RTA) and 13045 V 22000 (Ariana TV) works fine in my receiver with LNB Local Freq 11929, but it doesn't work with his receiver. Same dish.

I have other Vertical TPs, they work fine. Please help me with this issue.

Thanks

Both LO (10750 and 19750) didn't work. I have exactly the same receiver, it works fine, the LO is 11929. All other setting are same as well, but everything works fine except these two Channels. Do you think there can be a hardware issue? The Firmware of both receivers are same as well.

Hi Iceberg,

One of my friends had a problem with his FTA receiver, there was no signal, I have changed the LNB for him, the quality was very low, so played with the dish and played with the receiver as well. But now the problem is, I can't lock two channels he had before. I have the same receiver, mine is working fine, but I checked all the setting (Antenna Setup and TPs), they are all the same, but still can't lock those channels.

The receiver is Pansat 2500A
LNB Type Standard KU 10750
LNB Local-Freq: 11929 (in my receiver, but when i use 10750, i need to change the Frequency as well)
Frequencies: 13108 V 22000 (RTA) and 13045 V 22000 (Ariana TV) works fine in my receiver with LNB Local Freq 11929, but it doesn't work with his receiver. Same dish.

I have other Vertical TPs, they work fine. Please help me with this issue.

Thanks

If you're setting the LO to 11929, that's wrong and off by a factor of 1179 MHz. -- But that's okay since you're compensating for them...

I noticed you posted:

13108V 22000 (RTA) and 13045V 22000 (Ariana TV). Those should be:
11929V 22000 (RTA) and 11867V 22000 (Ariana TV).

It's working on your receiver because you've offset the frequencies to compensate for the incorrect LO.

13108V would be the correct frequency for 'actual' 11929V if you've set your LO to 11929.
13046V would be the correct frequency for 'actual' 11867V if you've set your LO to 11929. (So you're a bit off there).

What are the FEC settings for each transponder? If it's set to auto, change 13108V manually to 3/4 and 13046V to 2/3.

Cheers,
Kermee

Both LO (10750 and 19750) didn't work. I have exactly the same receiver, it works fine, the LO is 11929. All other setting are same as well, but everything works fine except these two Channels. Do you think there can be a hardware issue? The Firmware of both receivers are same as well.

You will have success if you set both the correct LO frequency and the correct TP frequency for these channels and rescan.

LO Frequency: 10750
TP Frequency for RTA: 11929
TP Frequency for Ariana TV: 11867

Dear Kermee,

Thanks for the reply, but I did try the frequencies u gave (with both LO 10750 and 11929), I don't have the option to change the FEC in Pansat 2500A. 13108V 22000 (RTA) and 13045V 22000 (Ariana TV) with LO 11929 works fine with my receiver, its the same receiver. I think there is a problem with the receiver. I am trying to upgrade the firmware to 2700, don't know if it will work.

Programmed Freq [minus] Programmed L.O. [equals] Actual receiver tuning
13108 - 11929 = 1179
11929 - 10750 = 1179

You see, the numbers you use for L.O. only affect the Displayed channel Frequency.
You have 11929 as L.O. when the actual L.O. of your LNB is 10750, all the displayed freqs will be
(11929 - 10750 =) 1179 higher than the actual downlink frequency. 11929+1179=13108

Another way to look at it is: programmed L.O. = 10750, Programmed freq= 12250.
We've actually programmed the receiver to tune to 1500 (12250 - 10750)

Using the actual LNB L.O. frequency as the programmed L.O. will allow the actual downlink frequencies to be programmed, or displayed after a blind scan. This will also then, allow published downlink frequencies to be entered verbatem, without doing any math to compensate for an inaccurately programmed L.O.

Using the actual L.o. as the programmed L,o, will also eliminate any confusion, especially if another member joins in, later in the conversation.

Ok, Your 2500 works on your dish. His does not work on his dish. Have you checked all coax connectors for integrety, corrosion or water infiltration. Bypass all switches? Could you bring your receiver to his dish? Or His receiver to your dish? That would determine if it's his receiver, or dish/lnb.

There seems to be something going on with the satellites today with signal lost, might just be a solar flares. So far this morning I started losting different satellites just one right after the other only the FTA KU and C signals. . And that's using different dishes and different receivers all started with Galaxy 17 then Galaxy 16 and last one was that I've noticed was SES-1. They all when to zero quality and then started coming back up after about 5 minutes and this all started about noon time that I first noticed it. So far my 4DTV programing on on X4 doesn't seem to be affected.

Last edited:
Solar outages occur twice each year when the sun passes directly behind the satellite as viewed from your location. The RF from the sun is so strong that it overpowers the satellite signal. This calculation program will predict when the outage will occur for your location for each visible satellite.

Sun Outage Calculator

Programmed Freq [minus] Programmed L.O. [equals] Actual receiver tuning
13108 - 11929 = 1179
11929 - 10750 = 1179

You see, the numbers you use for L.O. only affect the Displayed channel Frequency.
You have 11929 as L.O. when the actual L.O. of your LNB is 10750, all the displayed freqs will be
(11929 - 10750 =) 1179 higher than the actual downlink frequency. 11929+1179=13108

Another way to look at it is: programmed L.O. = 10750, Programmed freq= 12250.
We've actually programmed the receiver to tune to 1500 (12250 - 10750)

Using the actual LNB L.O. frequency as the programmed L.O. will allow the actual downlink frequencies to be programmed, or displayed after a blind scan. This will also then, allow published downlink frequencies to be entered verbatem, without doing any math to compensate for an inaccurately programmed L.O.

Using the actual L.o. as the programmed L,o, will also eliminate any confusion, especially if another member joins in, later in the conversation.

Ok, Your 2500 works on your dish. His does not work on his dish. Have you checked all coax connectors for integrety, corrosion or water infiltration. Bypass all switches? Could you bring your receiver to his dish? Or His receiver to your dish? That would determine if it's his receiver, or dish/lnb.

Tried all these options, but didn't work. Both receivers are connected to the same receiver, my receiver doesn't have any problem, but the other one has this problem, all other channels are working except these two. I think there may be a problem with the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)