Lost some locals?

ocexpress

Original poster
Oct 7, 2006
Hi I am a newbie and was wondering if you folks might know why I recently (6 months or so ago) lost some of my local programming? I need to tell you that I am out of the serving area for these channels, but have been receiving them without trouble for over a year. My house is in the 97739 area code where no local programming is available. The channels I can view are:
8220 KGO
8221 KPIX
8222 KNTV
8223 KTVU
8224 KBWB
8225 KBHK

The ones I lost:

8226 KQED
8227 KICU
8228 KDTV
8229 KSTS
8230 KFSF
8231 KNTC
8232 KMTP
8233 KRCB
8234 KTEH
8235 KCSM
8236 KTLN
8237 KTSF
8239 KFTY
8240 KRON

Do any of you know the reason for the change, and maybe if and how I can get them back, short of moving? Thanks appreciate any help you can give. :hatsoff:

Most locals were moved onto spot beams (not all channels in local packages may not have been included) and have a limited range. If you are out of that area, the receiver cannot receive the signal from them. Only way to get the lost channels back would be to actually move to the coverage area.

Thanks..I was also doing research and found that the channels I lost are on 110 transponder 43 spotbeam 31. The ones I can still get are on 110 trans 43 spotbeam 26. Do different spotbeams have different signal strength capabilities?

The spotbeams actually cover different areas of the U.S. Do you get any signal at all on spotbeam 31. Spotbeam 31 may actually cover that dma's area which you are not part of.

Thanks osu1991, at times I do get just under a 50 on spotbeam 31. Right now it does not show any signal at all.

you might get a usable signal by reaiming the dish slightly. get someone to watch that transponders strength then without loosening bolts move the dish gently. if signal strength goes up a reaim might help, or put up a seperate dish for 110

with several satellites at most slots sometimes a tiny change can help you have nothing to lose:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)