lost sound after installing vbox-x

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mucketbucket

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2010
louisville,ky
I installed a dmx741 on my 10ft dish with a coolsat 5000 and was using a uniden box just to move it. I purchased a vbox-x and hooked it up and now it appears that i have lost audio on some of the channels on 99w. Do I need to hook up something different or change some settings? It appears that I have lost audio on some of the other sat's as well. Not all channels just kinda intermittent. Is this common since i am going thru the coax with the vbox that it is dropping some of the the audio signals?

Silly question, but do the missing audio tracks come back when the controller is taken out of line?

The two have nothing to do with each other as the signal is digital and is a single signal until the receiver decodes it.

Is there a specific channel that you can confirm that the audio is missing? Are the missing channels audio, Dolby or ???

I am not sure what is up but I did blind scan again today and the channels have sound. Mainly on 99 west myfamilytv and kcwy13 were not working but are good today after rescan. I think maybe i might have been off a couple degrees on my satellite count. The only other thing, is it possible the channels may have been broadcasting a different audio format on certain programs, cause I can't do the ac3 format.

I don't think they changed anything. (I've never seen a change there) Think it's all in what you scanned in. If not "right on" it's possible that some info loaded into the receiver during a scan could have been bad. Now that you have the dish 'on target' a scan got it correct.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts