Lost Versus signal on both receivers at the same time this afternoon!

Still digging into what is causing this, but judging by the influx of calls and the message that just flew around our screens, this is not resolved (as some of you are still seeing). Sorry about this, we are working as quickly as possible to correct it.

Tony, EA here in Rochester, NY. Lost a bunch of HD channels earlier this evening. Played around with several reboots and got them back. Now cannot get the guide to repopulate... it just sits and cranks well beyond the five minute expectation. As a result no timers are triggering.

I'm not a hundred percent on this one but there is an uplink center near the really bad storms going across the south (am i correct). like the tornado that went through Tuscaloosa Alabama. Cause i know that when we had the really bad storms up here in Virginia when there was two tornadoes that went through my home town, Mt. Jackson went down for a little bit and a couple times after that during other storms that wiped out a lot of DMA's on the east coast each time

Initially the issue started with DMAs, and then the list went crazy on AK/HI/PR spotbeams, and now is going everywhere. The channel list is still updating, and hopefully it starts getting smaller soon. I am monitoring communications with Technical Operations, and have been since this thread started. Trying to see if I can get word on what's going on and when we will get back to 100%. No talk of "weather related" and that would be the first thing on the popups. Anything is possible though.

That does make sense though. If there is not signal (or intermittent signal loss) coming on the satellite and transponder that spools the EPG, then it won't get a good download and the guide will be freaking out.

Just got an all clear message from Tech Ops. If you still have guide issues, skip the reset and hit GUIDE-9-9-9-Browse (the right arrow by 'Select'). Should prompt to update the guide.

Also, holler if you are still having drops.

Tony I tried the solution below with no success after 10 minutes. I then did a front panel reboot and all is OK after about 20 minutes. Perhaps the guide D/L is just running slowly.

That does make sense though. If there is not signal (or intermittent signal loss) coming on the satellite and transponder that spools the EPG, then it won't get a good download and the guide will be freaking out.

Its entirely possible. Strange, that 'trick' usually saves time. I have seen it not work though, so its possible it does not see the guide as outdated right away.

Last edited:
Tony, EA here in Rochester, NY. Lost a bunch of HD channels earlier this evening. Played around with several reboots and got them back. Now cannot get the guide to repopulate... it just sits and cranks well beyond the five minute expectation. As a result no timers are triggering.

Similar problem out here in Wayne County. My 211 came back up but it took till after 9Pm for my 722 to download. Wife would not have been happy if she could not have watched the royal wedding Friday aaaam.

i lost The Weather Channel HD earlier today around 3:50 PM this afternoon while watching the coverage of the really bad historic tornado outbreak. my state of Texas was hit by this outbreak yesterday but it's better here today, so storms here were out of the question. i bet it was tornado outbreak related, and some eastern arc uplinks may had been in one of the states hit hard by today's part of the epic Super outbreak of late April 2011.

I lost some HD very shortly in the early evening yesterday, but it didn't appear to be a "lost signal" issue because of weather (which was in the area, but not close enough to be a bother) as that banner usually pops up. It was fine several minutes later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts