Lost VHF reception

styxfix

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 7, 2003
Pacific Coast
I have a Winegard YA-1713 VHF antenna and a CM 4228 UHF antenna connected to a CM 7777 preamp. Recently I've lost all the channels on the VHF side (3) so I went to the roof and checked everything out but I didnt find anything obviously wrong. Both antennas are pointed in the right direction and no breaks on baulm that I could see from below. Sometimes the one nearby VHF will appear but only briefly. Channels on the UHF side are fine. I'm fearing my preamp might be failing...again.

bypass the pre-amp and see what happens

But from what you described it sounds like that side of the pre-amp is going....or the cable between the antenna and the pre-amp is shot ;)

If it wasnt so high in the air I would've tried that already...its a BIG pain in the ass taking the tower down and then putting it back up. It takes two people. The RG6 cable looks fine with binoculars and is probably less then 10 yrs old. I tried unpluging the preamp but it didnt help.

How are you jointing the two antennas to the CM7777 as I show there is two different models that you might have as one with a single input and a second with both VHF and UHF.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts